Camping and all is cool, but have you ever felt the heat bake you while in your tent? In winter the weather is cold, hence the temperature inside the camp is similar, but in summer, because of the heat, the temperature inside becomes unbearable. One needs to be able to bring down the temperature. There are battery operated camping fans which are a solution to the heat problem.
Technology is ever-changing, bringing itself to make our lives better, thus our camping better, more comfortable. This new change of revolutionary battery powered fans for camping has changed the whole camping experience, especially during hot and sultry summers.
Choosing the best tent fan for your needs from the availability in the market can be quite an uphill task, hence we have aimed to help you select from the following 10 options.
Best Battery Operated Fans – The List
Best Battery Operated Fans – Reviews
1. Overall Best Tent Fan: COMLIFE 11-inch Desk Fan
- 【THE BIGGEST 11-INCH RECHARGEABLE FAN】What is the biggest fan size that 5V USB power sources and batteries can drive? 9 inch? No! With COMLIFE advanced technology, we’ve broke the limit and make...
- 【LARGE CAPACITY RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES】It comes with 2pcs 2200mAh batteries. Installed with fully charged batteries, the fan can work wirelessly for 2-4 hours. Even power cut out suddenly, there...
- It’s an 11-inch fan powered by 5V USB
- Works both with a battery as well as USB
- Despite being of large blades, this is extremely quiet
It’s a clip-on fan, which is extremely versatile. Mostly used for camping, when you are not camping, you could clip it on to anything and use it! This is a personal fan, which is adequate to cool a small tent.
This is a fan that can be supported by different power supplies, rechargeable batteries, USB, your phone’s power bank to name a few. The phone has a high runtime of 32 hours at low speed. This is also easily rotated horizontally or vertically, making it even more versatile for use.
Overall, it’s the best camping fan out there!
- It’s low priced, hence high value for money
- Can be charged or used plugged into multiple power supplies
- Personal use fan, can’t be used in a group or for large tents
2. Best for Portability: Image Portable LED Camping Fan
- Why you need this great camping gear: Spending a night outdoors is something everyone should experience. So you want something to help you see at night. A lantern is super useful for camping so you...
- Versatile light/fan: Ultra Bright 18 individual low powered LED bulbs. The fan has high and low settings to provide nice air circulation and lit up the tent nicely. You can orient in so many...
- Built-in LED light and Fan.
- Extremely battery efficient- fan alone for 50 hours, light alone for 36 hours, both for 16 hours.
- Weighs less, extremely light-weight.
It looks like a light, it brightens up like a light but doubles up as a fan as well. The light and fan are both battery-powered, hence adaptable to any condition you are in. It is powered by 2 D battery, has a hook that enables it to be hung in the camp.
The efficient part of it is that there are two separate hinges for the light and fan, which allows the light and the fan to be aimed at two different directions. The fan has nearly 30 hours of supply on one charge, which is pretty great, considering it is along with a light.
If you’re searching for a good portable fan for camping, this one would be the splendid choice.
- Light and fan both in a single product
- Extremely light-weight
- Wind from the fan even on high isn’t enough for harsh summers.
3. Best Rechargeable Battery Operated Fan: GeekAire Fan
- 【RECHARGEABLE FAN WITH POWER BANK FUNCTION】 Geek Aire 16'' Rechargeable Outdoor Fan is driven by a 15000mAh large Lithium-ion battery which takes 2.5-3 hours to be fully charged. It can run 2 - 18...
- 【HIGH VELOCITY FAN WITH TILT FEATURE】 This battery powered fan possesses an adjustable 120°tilt head which directs movement more precisely to focus air flow where air is needed. Furthermore,...
- It is a 16” Rechargeable battery powered camping fan powered by 15600mAh Lithium-ion battery.
- It has a 120-degree tilt head, with a 2000 CFM airflow.
- Variable speed for fans, and LED battery indicator.
One of the biggest plus points of this fan is that it is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery, this battery has a capacity of 15600mAh. This is nearly 5 times a smartphone battery, so this will last, and last really long. On the high setting, it runs for nearly 24 hours, which would improve drastically on different settings. It takes only 4 hours to fully charge.
With its 1500-2000 CFM airflow, this is a battery-powered fan that can cool a tent in any given condition. This fan takes up a lot of space though with its 14.5 inches tall and 16.7 inches wide frame. It also weighs approximately 7 pounds.
Hence, it’s the best rechargeable battery operated fan on our list.
- Rechargeable large battery, powers up to 24 hours.
- 12 inches metal blade fan, which has a very high CFM
- Bulky and takes up a lot of space, suitable for car or RV camping.
4. Best Tent Fan: Kinden Camping Lantern and Fan
- Multi-functional fan- with LED light and a mosquito repellant
- A built-in speaker that can help a camper listen to the radio
- With a hook- can be hanged from the roof
This is a very swiss army knife type battery powered fan for camping. It has multiple features and functions, enabling it to be one of the most versatile and user-friendly fans. With a rechargeable battery, this fan has 3 power settings, the LED light has 2 settings, has a radio and speaker. The most intriguing feature is the mosquito repellant, whereby the unit releases an immense sonic noise which acts as the repellant.
It’s a small fan which is for personal use and or 2 people tent. It’s compact, it’s useful for backpacking. Must say, it’s one of the best fans for tent camping.
- Multi-purpose and versatile usage of a battery-operated fan for camping
- Speaker enabling radio access
- Small in size which makes it very one person use
5. Best Value for Money: OPOLAR Rechargeable Fan
- 💚【 Lasts Longer】Equipped with 5200mAh rechargeable battery lasts 6-9 hours. This battery USB fan is environment-friendly and energy saving. Note: Updated version: the battery is non-removeable...
- 🆒【Quieter Fan】Everybody loves a fan that does not make noise. This fan is exactly what you want. Its noise is less than 40dB, which creates a quiet environment for your work and sleep.
- 9-inch fan, which is sturdy and is adjustable 360 degrees up and down
- Multiple power supply options, using USB or 2600 MaH battery.
- Quiet fan with less than 40 dB noise.
This is a small fan that is functional at best. It is powered by a removable battery, you could even use two removable batteries. It has a runtime between 9-11 hours which can be increased if you carry multiple batteries with you, or charge the battery in the fan itself.
The low decibel score is similar to a birdsong, hence neither making it too noisy for you to sleep or affecting the ecological sound balance.
It’s a small, fuss-free fan for those who are looking for a basic battery powered camping fan.
- Adjustable head of 360 degrees.
- A noiseless silent fan with less than 40 dB
- Too small and basic
6. Best Tent Fan Light Combo: Coleman CPX 6 Fan with Stand
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 7.17 Inches
- It is CPX 6 compatible, which runs on rechargeable or battery cartridge or A/C cartridge.
- Can be used as freestanding fan
- It has four lifelong 5-mm LED lights which give out 99 lumens of brightness
One of those rare battery fans for camping which can be used either as a ceiling fan or a stand fan. Its dual use as a fan and light is one of its prime advantages. In short, it’s a tent fan light combo.
The fan is powered by D Cell batteries, A/C adaptor, power bank amongst others. This gives you the flexibility to choose the source of power. The fan runtime ranges from 10-30 hours depending upon the speed you use it with.
The LED is bright enough to help you look around the tent during the night.
- Various power options
- LED light
- Airspeed not very high
7. Good Battery Powered Fan: New O2COOL Treva
- BATTERY -OPERATED PORTABLE FAN: Keep cool and comfortable when you’re at home, work or outdoors with Treva's 10-Inch Battery-Operated Portable Fan. Perfectly sized, it won’t take up much space and...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Durably crafted using sturdy plastic construction for long-lasting strength and use, this portable fan boasts a patented fan blade design which extends the battery life while...
- Compact folding design that makes it travel-friendly
- A stable base made in a horseshoe shape, powerful 10-inch blade
- Powered by dual-source- D cell battery or AC charger
High-performance is the first word that you think of in conjunction with this fan. It’s insightful design, which is pending a patent, integrates multiple features along with longer battery life.
One of the most highly rated and popular tent fans, this is a work of high precision achieved via rigorous tests.
The 6 cell battery usage along with a cutting edge blade design enables it to push out air at a way higher speed. This fan cools down an entire tent, not just personal use.
This is by far the most energy-efficient 12v fan for camping.
- Battery power and battery backup are rock solid. It lasts up to 53 hours
- 3 Setting LED lights which help in illuminating the entire tent
- Requires 6 battery and has a lot of noise
8. HALOFUN Air Conditioner Fan
- 【4-in-1 COOLING】: HALOFUN portable air conditioner humidifies, purifies and chills the air using exclusive NANO filter paper. Let you create your own personal comfort zone. Please note HALOFUN Air...
- 【ANION COLD WIND】: Air conditioners produce anion air at the same time they produce cold air. They not only purify the air and improve the living environment, can also help regulate the body's...
- This is a humidifier, air conditioner and purifier all in.
- Simple to use – just pour Water in tank
- Portable handle design which uses 3 power sources.
This is an exclusive fan which uses the NANO filter paper technology to create anion air- which is cold, purified and helps improve the general quality of life of the user. Its ease of use is the biggest advantage, whereby, just pouring water into the tank behind will make you all set for the same.
Powered by a 10,000 mAh battery, it can run uninterrupted for 12 hours. The battery also doubles up as a power bank, hence it’s a handy fan.
It’s not very powerful, not alike to a compressor air conditioner, but in dry weather conditions, it’s a perfect humidifier and cooler.
- Inexpensive and lightweight cooler
- Simple to use and portable handle
- Small and for very personal use
9. DizauL Portable Mini USB Rechargeable Fan
- 2600mAh Battery: Compatible with Smartphones, Android, Samsung, Digital Cameras, GPS, Tablets, MP3 and MP4 player,
- Come with a bright white LED light on one side for illumination use.
- 2600 mAh battery which is compatible with most electronic devices
- Premium 18650 cell lithium battery which can be charged by connecting to Micro USB Cable to PC / Notebook, power bank, car charger, 5V DC wall charger 5v solar charger etc.
- It is a mini 4-inch device, ease of carrying.
An affordable, easy to carry tent fan, with a light mounted on its side. The light is akin to a flashlight and not an LED light. The multiple batteries that accompany it can be charged when they are in the fan itself. It can be run on power banks or also be used to charge your phone. It is the size of the palm of your hand. It is a machine welded fan which is extremely reliable and sturdy.
- Inexpensive and super easy to use
- Several different power sources help power it
- Runtime very low
10. KEIMIX Camping Fan with Lights
- DOUBLE POWER SUPPLY MODE: This camping supplies is operated by USB cable supply (included) or 3AA batteries (regular battery or rechargeable battery, not included), it’s convenient to take with you...
- 3 DIFFERENT SETTINGS BY A SINGLE BUTTON: All of modes available by a button, so the sequence goes as follows: Off/Fan High/Light High/Fan&Light Low/Off. Choose the one you need and enjoy the happiness...
- Runs on 3 AA battery or USB power supply
- Fan and light combination
- 6 hours of fan runtime and 30 hours of lights runtime on one set battery
This light cum fan multi-tool is a lightweight and inexpensive buy. Running off 3 AA battery, this is a fan that gives a good airflow despite being small. The runtime of 6 hours is pretty decent considering the power it uses. 30 hours of LED light is given out when the equipment is just used as a light.
The advantageous benefit of its USB powered power source is that you can extend the runtime using a laptop or a portable charging device.
This is a compact battery-operated tent fan, which is functional, effective and lightweight.
- Both fan and LED light
- Small and lightweight
- Easy to carry
- Not too powerful for longer or extensive camping
Also Check: Best Air Mattress for Camping in 2020
FAQs Regarding Battery Operated Camping Fans
1. What is the different type of tent fans available?
There is a standing tent fan, a battery-operated tent fan, a rechargeable tent fan, portable tent fan. The most useful of them are battery operated fans for tents. They can be used at all times and places.
2. What are the different power sources for a tent fan?
The various sources of power to support your camping when going to areas without good electricity supply are- battery-powered, rechargeable tent fan and solar-powered. In this new age camping, there is the advent of a USB power tent fan as well.
3. What are the noise levels of these camping fans?
Most portable battery-operated camping fans are not that powerful enough to create noise and disturb the tranquillity of the environment. Though large fans on high settings tend to break the silence around, so consideration on the noise levels needs to be done before purchase.
4. Are the extra features useful?
Features like lights are extremely useful if you tend to go deep into the wilderness. It can always help to have your tent illuminated, or have a light source to find something or your way. Other extra features are completely dependent on a person’s requirements.
5. All the products seem similar, how to choose amongst them?
This is a very new market, where most of the products are similar, with advancements just taking place. Your best fit would be the one that can be powered by you and giving you enough airflow to be comfortable, yet well-built and sturdy.
Suggested Read: Best Backpacking Tents in 2020
Camping can be extremely fun and therapeutic until the weather takes a turn and you are left gasping for air. The best battery operated fans will help you equate the temperatures inside a tent.
It is noted that the market is full of camping fans battery operated or USB operated. One first needs to identify its needs and capacity needs. Though small fans have a variety of uses- that as a desk or even barbeque fans, the large ones have a place of their own. The one with a no questions asked appeal is of Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor Floor Fan. It’s an all-weather approach, it’s sturdy, battery longevity and speed left us with respect for the product.
- 1 Best Battery Operated Fans – The List
- 2 Best Battery Operated Fans – Reviews
- 2.1 1. Overall Best Tent Fan: COMLIFE 11-inch Desk Fan
- 2.2 2. Best for Portability: Image Portable LED Camping Fan
- 2.3 3. Best Rechargeable Battery Operated Fan: GeekAire Fan
- 2.4 4. Best Tent Fan: Kinden Camping Lantern and Fan
- 2.5 5. Best Value for Money: OPOLAR Rechargeable Fan
- 2.6 6. Best Tent Fan Light Combo: Coleman CPX 6 Fan with Stand
- 2.7 7. Good Battery Powered Fan: New O2COOL Treva
- 2.8 8. HALOFUN Air Conditioner Fan
- 2.9 9. DizauL Portable Mini USB Rechargeable Fan
- 2.10 10. KEIMIX Camping Fan with Lights
- 3 FAQs Regarding Battery Operated Camping Fans
- 4 Conclusion