The Best Field Dressing Knives for Hunting 2019: While hunting is some people’s hobby, some people do it just for the fresh meat that they receive as the reward. Now, if you are someone from the second category then you must know about the equipment required for skinning the meat or else there would be no such after prize. The main weapon is your knife which will be used for skinning the meat after it is hunted down with so much effort. Now, apart from knowing your knife, you must also know about the dressing or skinning techniques.
In this article, we will talk about different hunting knives that we think are the best in the market at the moment. The knives are used on the hunting spot at that very moment to remove the organs of the animals to stop any bacterial infection. Bacteria starts to form inside instantly and thus it is for the safety of people that everything is done fast and properly. This ensures that the meat is safe to be enjoyed by you and others afterward. Here we will discuss the knives that give you the best results without much effort from your side.
Top 5+ Best Field Dressing Knives for Hunting 2019 [Buyer’s Guide & Reviews]
List of Best Hunting Knives for Dressing
- Gerber Myth Field Dress Kit
- Buck Knives 113 Ranger Skinner
- Buck Knives 393 Omni Hunter
- KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife
- ESEE Junglas Blade
While we would give you a list of knives, it is for you to decide which one you want. You have to remember that a good knife is a key to having the best taste of the meat after you have captured it. So, if you are planning on purchasing a hunting knife, then you must remember some important features that are a must. This article has described their important pros and why they would be useful to you:
#1. Gerber Myth Field Dress Kit [Buy From Amazon]
- Packable dual knife kit offering a complete field dressing solution, packed together in a compact, puncture-proof sheath
- Includes the Myth Fixed Blade Pro, Myth Compact Fixed Blade, and a sheath with a built-in carbide sharpener to keep you on the go
If you are someone who likes to hunt at distant places and carry your kit all along then this is the perfect knife kit for you. The design of the whole kit is very travel-friendly, compact and can be handled very easily. The design is created in a way that will fit inside your backpack or can be attached to the loop of the belt as well.
- The handle of the knife is completely made of rubber with a texture that gives you a proper hold of it. This also ensures that it doesn’t slip out of your hand.
- There is a sharpener made of carbide provided along with the knife holder, and it is secured inside the sheath itself.
- The weight of the knife is just 4.9 ounces which makes it easier to be used by even a beginner.
- The blade of this knife is about 3.5 inches which can be used for smaller to the size of animals like that of a deer’s.
While we conclude about this knife we would like to mention that it is perfect for a beginner as well as a person who is skilled. This is a very affordable option that you will find in the market. There are securing straps on the knives to keep the blades from any possible damage as well.
#2. Buck Knives 113 Ranger Skinner [Buy From Amazon]
- CORROSION RESISTANT - 3-1/8" 420HC Drop Point skinner blade has great edge retention, corrosion resistance and excellent strength for long lasting durability. Overall Length 7-1/4" Weight 5.2 oz.
- SKIN LIKE A PRO- The skinner blade is optimized for skinning game. The narrow tip and wide curved belly provide a smooth skinning sweep that aids getting through thick layers. The downward angled...
If you are in the quest for a hunting knife with an outer appearance of a sturdy blade and compact in size, then the A Buck 113 Ranger Skinner Knife is the one you should opt for. Weighing a total of 5.2 ounces with a measurement of 7.25 inches in length and coming from the manufacturers of USA. This is a knife which comprises a sheath of genuine leather and a lanyard hole.
- The Skinner blade which comprises of great retention of the edge makes the knife to be resistant to corrosion, thereby increase the lifelong durability of the knife.
- Being totally an optimized blade dedicatedly for the skinning games, the skinner blade with its wide and curved belly along with the narrow tip, allows you to sweep out smooth through the thick layers.
- Being compact and versatile, the skinner blade turns out to be one of the performance-oriented knives, thereby upholding the functionality.
- The sheath of genuine leather along with the integrated belt loop and a dymondwood handle gives you comfort in your hand along with ease of access.
- Due to the highly proud integration of the product, this knife gives you a lifetime warranty.
This is surely one of the most stylish and practical hunting knives which you can find due to the given features and the making engineering. Deals better than this are quite rare to find.
#3. Buck Knives 393 Omni Hunter [Buy From Amazon]
- RAZOR SHARP BLADE - 4" Guthook 420HC Steel Blade delivers excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance. Overall Length 9-3/4" Weight: 7.8 oz
- HUNTING COMPANION - This full bellied guthook blade is suitable for skinning game. We've paid careful attention to the angles on the sharpened edge to make field dressing a breeze.
Buck Knives are known for the kind of excellence they provide you with regarding their quality of knives. This knife is going o be your strongest companion if you are a strong and frequent hunter all year long. The design of the knife provides you with an excellent grip because of the grooving on the handle.
- The blade is a 4” Guthook steel blade which gives you the perfect strength and accuracy. This blade is also resistant to any corrosion which is a great point.
- The knife has sharp edges which cut or skin the hunted animal in the perfect way.
- The handle has an ergonomic curve which gives you the strongest grip on the knife. The rubber on the handle also keeps the knife hot during winters.
- The sheath closes with a snap which is the best feature one can get regarding a hunting knife since it gives you better and instant control over it.
This knife is definitely in the good price range, but it is worth what you are paying so be assured of it. Now, the knife would serve as a gift to you for years once you acquire it and start using it.
#4. KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife [Buy From Amazon]
- Used by all brances of miliary and service members
- Great for collectors and outdoor services
Different knives are suited for the different purpose. Thus, if your purpose is to look for a knife which is best suited for service purposes and hunting purposes, then you should have a look at the KA_BAR Fighting /Utility Serrated Edge Knife. Also, the blade of this knife is integrated with the rounded serrations. This means that the chances of your knife catching few obstacles like zipping or clothes are minimized at higher levels, thereby making this a safe knife to carry.
- This knife is made of a material which is 100 synthetic as approved.
- This knife consists of a black colored utility blade, which comes with a serrated edge to minimize the risk breaching of safety.
- Consists of a blade of 7 inches long and an integrated edge angle of 20 degrees, with an overall length of the knife being 11.875 inches and weighing 0.7 ounces.
- The blade is manufactured from the 1095 variant of the Cro-Van Steel, makes the knife an easier way to sharpen.
- The handle of the blade being made of the Manmade Kraton G allows the knife to fit properly and accurately in your hand.
If you want your knife to have a perfect balance at the position of the pointer-finger grip for a reliable throw, then this is the knife which should be opted in case of hunting purposes.
#5. ESEE Junglas Blade [Buy From Amazon]
- Overall Length: 9.00", Blade Length: 4.50"
- Blade Finish: Dark Earth
As this knife is specially designed for those residing in Latin America for “counter-narcotics” operations, the name of the knife, “ESSE Junglas” is derived from the ‘Columbian Jungla Special Operations.’ The blade of this knife is crafted with high care from the 1095 variant of the high-carbon steel, which is generally by the professional cutlers. Also, as said by the manufacturers of the knife, they highly recommend the users to keep the knife cleaned always and also lubricated by the use of only a rust inhibitor to extract the best usage of the knife.
- The overall length of the knife as stated on paper is 16.50 inches, where the blade itself measures a length of approximately 10.375 inches.
- The designers from the United States of America have given a black finish to the mighty long blade of this knife.
- The material of the handle of the knife comprises of two main components, the Gray Micarta, and the Durable sheath, thereby, not only ensuring high and reliable performance but also a comfortable fit in your hand for the perfect use.
- The knife in total has been crafted, manufactures and designed by the designers and the manufacturers from the United States of America.
Thus if you are a hunting lover or Latin American or you are involved with the counter-narcotics operations, you must keep this knife listed in your preferences, unless you want to miss out on something very big.
Now that we have explained these knives in detail you know why they are the best-known knives out on the market. It is going to be your choice at the end of the day, and thus you have to choose one according to your needs and preferences but make sure you select the best one!
The Best Field Dressing Knives for Hunting
The Best Field Dressing Knives for Hunting 2019 Reviews includes Buck Knives 113 Ranger Skinner, Buck Knives 393 Omni Hunter, Buck Knives 113 Ranger Skinner, Gerber Myth Field Dress Kit and ESEE Junglas Blade.
User Review( votes)
- 1 Top 5+ Best Field Dressing Knives for Hunting 2019 [Buyer’s Guide & Reviews]
- 1.1 List of Best Hunting Knives for Dressing
- 1.2 #1. Gerber Myth Field Dress Kit [Buy From Amazon]
- 1.3 #2. Buck Knives 113 Ranger Skinner [Buy From Amazon]
- 1.4 #3. Buck Knives 393 Omni Hunter [Buy From Amazon]
- 1.5 #4. KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife [Buy From Amazon]
- 1.6 #5. ESEE Junglas Blade [Buy From Amazon]