Fishing is a common hobby that is present among many people. It had evolved a lot more than the former days when a person only had the way to fish using a pole. People now take boats to the waters where they may find numerous schools of fish. Still, most people rely on old ways of fishing, which is mostly guesswork. The number of fish may rapidly move away if there is a strong current or if the weather is terrible. People who fishes cannot just sit above the water and hope that the fish would get into their nets.
All of us know that technology has been a boon for the entire world. It has not only changed our lifestyles, but it has brought a change in our occupations as well as hobbies. So, if you love fishing or if it’s your profession, an excellent way to increase your yield or probability of catching fish is to buy a fish finder. You may wonder what on earth is a fish finder. We will go on to tell you more about the Best Fish Finders 2019.
The name ‘fish finder’ is quite apt as it helps you to find fish that are underwater. All you need to do is go to the place for fishing and then utilize the device to find fish. You may know that large ships use sonar technology. The fish finders also have sonar technology in them. When the sonar waves hit the fish, the device shows it on the screen. That is quite a handy technology. The fish finder also tells you about the depth of the water where the fish can be found.
You can guess the handiness of the tool. Several companies have made their version of the fish finder. So, in the market, you can find several different models of a fish finder, which vouch for having various features.
Are you confused about getting a single fishfinder? If yes, then keep on reading as we are going to talk about some of the best fish finders that you can get in the market. Along with that, we will also mention a comprehensive buying guide that will help you to get a fish finder of your choice. We hope that it will help you to find a fish finder that stays with you for a long time and helps you to catch lots of fish in the future.
Best Fish Finders of 2019
Now that we have introduced the fish finders, it is time to mention our top picks. We will try to keep the list as diverse as possible so that it is useful for professionals as well as for those people who like to fish but don’t pursue it daily. After comparing, we have chosen nine models which we think are the best fish finders right now in the market.
1. Garmin Striker 4:
- CLEAR VÜ SCANNING SONAR Shows you more of what is in the water around your boat; This high frequency sonar gives near photographic images with detailed representations of objects, structure and...
- THE POWER OF SIMPLE Offers a keyed interface with dedicated buttons; The device is easy to use and easy to install; Available in 3.5 , 5 and 7 inch display sizes; Water rating IPX7
This is the very first product that we want to mention over here. Garmin is a company that is known for making good quality fish finders and even the professionals use it. This particular fish finder is a budget model that has been loved by many people.
It contains Clear VU Scanning Sonar which has a high frequency to predict the depth at which you will be able to find the fish and along with that it also tells you about the amount of fish. Another great thing about this is that it is simple to use and has a keypad, so it can be a great gift to your dad or granddad who isn’t keen on using technology.
This particular model has a 3.5” display which is good and clear. The model also comes with a waypoint map. The map is helpful to navigate quickly and you wouldn’t be wandering. The different depths at which this machine can work includes 1,600 feet for freshwater, 750 feet for saltwater.
Chirp Sonar is another great part of the machine, which helps to increase the information that a person gets through the machine and they can view better fish arches. The performance of the chirp sonar can be improved by using a better transducer. This helps them to set better targets.
There is an in-built flasher present in this model which helps in the case of ice fishing as well as in vertical jigging. It also comes with GPS, which is a handy feature for this product. On top of that, the company has kept the price quite low, which helps many people to buy it without any hesitation and add it to their fishing kit.
The fish finder is simple to install and you wouldn’t need to fuss with it. This is a simple to use device that deserves its mention in our Best Fish Finders Reviews.
- Clear VU Scanning Sonar
- Chirp Sonar
- 3.5” color display
- Waypoint map
- GPS enabled
2. Garmin Striker 4cv: Mid-Range Fish Finder
- Easy-to-use 3.5-inch colour fishfinder with built-in, high-sensitivity GPS and Garmin CHIRP ClearVu scanning sonar
- Find fish; mark and return to hot spots, slipways and docks, Speed data displayed directly on screen
So, here is yet another fish finder from Garmin that we want to mention. This is a mid-budget fish finder for those people who want a model that is still affordable but with more features. This fish finder has a 3.5” color display which is bright and useful.
The display resolution of this model is 480 x 320 pixels, which is quite clear. It is helpful even when a person is fishing in the dark. The GPS has high-sensitivity, so it will be able to note your location aptly. It does contain the Garmin CHIRP ClearVu scanning sonar which is known for its exceptional quality. It finds the fish and lets you know immediately and the information is displayed on your screen.
You will receive the location data, the speed data as well as the data about the depth of the water right on your screen. Once you have chosen the spots of fish, you can go back to it over and over again to have a look. The Garmin transducer is provided with this model and you can even upgrade it if you feel there is a need for it.
There is a built-in flasher in this model which helps in case of ice fishing and vertical jigging, so you wouldn’t need to buy an external flasher. The machine weighs just 230 grams, so it wouldn’t be problematic to carry if you haven’t fixed it in a place.
The fish finder is also IPX7 water-resistant, so you need not worry about the splashes that it might get while the boat is moving. The maximum depth of this device for freshwater is 1750 feet and for saltwater, it is 830 feet. It can be installed in the boat quite quickly, so you wouldn’t need to worry about it.
- 3.5” color display
- High-frequency GPS
- Chirp ClearVU Scanning Sonar
- Garmin Transducer
- Great Keypad
- Small Wires
3. Humminbird Helix 5 410230-1:
- 5-Inch widescreen LED backlit display
- CHIRP Side Imaging filters out noise and clutter for a clearer view of the world below
Humminbird is yet another company that is known for making good best fish finders. They have several different models provided at various price points and they are known for their amazing features. Helix 5 is a famous one among fishers, and they like the product because it helps to make things easy.
This particular model has a 5” WVGA display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. So, you can understand the quality of this display and the images that are displayed come out clear and sharp. One of the best things about this model has to be its 2D sonar which helps to locate the fish as accurately as possible.
This fish finder can be used in freshwater, saltwater as well as in ice. Switch Fire is a display selection mode available in this model. You can either choose between the Max mode or the Clear mode. It will ask you to choose the things that you want to see or un-see.
The Dual-beam feature of the fish finder helps to cover a broader area in search of fish. If you select the option of combining the two beams, then it can bring a lot more details. The model also contains digital CHIRP, which helps in imaging, you can see even the minute details of the location of the fish. Both down imaging and side imaging are found in this model which helps a fisher to know the exact locations of the fish so that catching them gets more manageable.
A built-in Basemap is also available in this model to help the person. They can also build live Autochart to map the areas where they have fished so that they can get back to the locations later.
As it does have GPS, navigation isn’t a problem if you are on a boat or a canoe or even on a ship. It is easy to install the fish finder so that it stays in place. If you want to store information, then do use a MicroSD card. The maximum depth that can be achieved by this fish finder is 2500 ft. It had to be in the Best Fish Finders 2019 as it is a much-loved product of Fisherfolks.
- 5” WVGA Display
- SwitchFire Sonar
- Side and down imaging
- Autochart Live
- Dual Beam PLUS
- MicroSD Card Slot
- Temperature Alarm
- Flimsy mounting bracket
4. Lowrance HDS-12 Live: Deluxe Fish Finder
- MOST ADVANCED FISHFINDER TECHNOLOGY: Simultaneously view CHIRP Sonar with StructureScan 3D or StructureScan HD to get the best possible view of fish and structure, below and to the sides of your boat.
- QUAD-CORE PROCESSOR: HDS employs a dual-core processor with more than enough speed & power to provide faster redraws & quicker response times to easily drive technology, like StructureScan 3D, Mercury...
Yes, we are aware that this Lowrance fish finder has a price that goes over the limit of most fishers who pursue it as a hobby, but it has topped the list of being among the Best Fish Finders 2019.
For professional fishers, they will often want to buy products that are useful to them and are powerful. So, if someone is going to fish frequently, they will need a fish finder which is right for their job. So, this model has several advanced features that you won’t be able to get in the budget models.
This particular model has a large display that stands at 12” diagonally, and its pixel matrix is 1280H X 800V. It comes in full color, and the display has an LED backlight which is fantastic for low light situations. It has a touchscreen with a multi-touch facility. This model also has Active Imaging 3 in 1, so you can get a side image, a down image, and chirp sonar.
It also has StructureScan 3D and Liveright for which you will need to install a 3D transducer. The model has the superior capability of catching different frequencies which include 83, 200, 455 and 800 kHz. The model even has a powerful processor which helps it to work fast as it is getting the high-definition images.
It comes with a ColorSonar which makes spotting things more comfortable and it is of great quality. The GPS is great and it helps in navigating through the waters when you are catching fish. It comes with pre-installed US C-Map, and the base map has been enhanced to make things even more comfortable to locate.
The model has two CHIRP channels, so the schools of fish wouldn’t be able to hide from you. You can easily connect this model with WI-FI or Bluetooth. This helps in connecting the fish finder with your phone, so you wouldn’t need to take out your phone all the time. The model also allows you to read SD cards for accessing previous data. The high-end product did make its way into our Best Fish Finders Reviews.
- Active Imaging 3-in-1 sonar
- StructureScan 3D sonar support
- LiveSight sonar support
- Active Imaging 3-in-1 transducer included
- C-MAP U.S
- 8.0 GB of internal storage
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Gimbal bracket mount included
- Suncover cover included
- SD card slot not included
5. Deeper PRO+ Smart Sonar:
- HIGHEST SPEC CASTABLE SONAR: casts further, scans deeper, more features than any other. Syncs with iOS/Android devices. Use for shore, boat, ice fishing
- INBUILT GPS: enables you to create bathymetric maps from the shore, Enjoy free access to Lake book, Deeper' s bathymetric management platform where you can save, review and analyze all of your maps on...
This fish finder is a little different compared to the others that we have mentioned among the Best Fish Finders 2019. This is primarily meant for the anglers who may require a better view of the location.
This is a castable fish finder, so you need to put it in the water to get the information. There are no wires to bind it and this device can be used in a versatile way. This is the best model for people who are looking forward to shore fishing.
The only thing that you need to do is connect it with your smartphone and it will become your display when you are fishing. This is a device that can help you to know everything from the temperature of the water to vegetation to bottom contour to its hardness. So, it helps to pinpoint the area where you will find the fish.
It also has a built-in GPS which helps in making bathymetric maps. If you love to fish carp, then this will be a great choice. This also has the feature of saving your findings into Lakebook so that it can be accessed later. You connect this to your phone using wi-fi, so the connection is stronger and the scanning is more accurate.
The device has a wide scanning beam as well as a narrow beam depending on the area that you want to access. Just connect the device to your cloud so that you can get the data later on.
This is the PRO+ range so that you can cast it to 330 ft and the depth range is 260 ft. The device only weighs a mere 3.5 oz. You can use it in any water body, and you do not need to think about it much.
- Best for Shore fishing
- Castable and wireless
- Helps to make bathymetric maps
- Cast up to 330 ft
- Dual-beam frequency
- Built-in GPS
- Cloud compatible
- Temperature range of -4°F to 104°F
6. Lucky Handheld Portable Fish Finder:
- The portable fish finder, with updated 2.4inch TFT color LCD screen(more clear to display), can detect and display underwater contour, water depth, water temperature and fish size(big/middle/small)...
- Lucky fish finder portable provides you 26FT wired operating distance and 328FT depth detection. Kayak fish finders has 45° beam angle with 200Khz in detection.
If you are someone who mostly uses a kayak or small boat for fishing, then you may want to get a portable handheld fish finder. These are soft and easy to hold while you are rowing. Do note that this particular model has a wire attached to it.
This product from Lucky has got several reviews, and all of them state that it is quite good. It has a 2.4inch TFT color LCD screen which is quite good and allows you to see the underwater contours. It is also able to detect the water temperature, the depth, and also analyze the fish size that can be found. You can also toggle between the transducer model and the simulation mode to have a better view.
The device has a 45-degree beam as well as 200 Khz frequency of detection. The device can be recharged and the company does provide a USB cable to help you do that. Once you charge it, you can use it non-stop for 5 hours. The machine also can work until a depth of 328 FT. If you like to fish in the dark, then the sonar part has a light that keeps blinking, which helps you to locate it.
One of the great things about this device is that you can change the settings of the display, which includes the sensitivity, brightness, zoom, fish alarm, fish icon, units as well as language. So, for the price that you pay, it is full of several features that you get in the high-end fish finders.
The device can be used for river and sea fishing as well as for ice fishing. It does come with a bracket that will help you to fix the device in a single place — this one of the Best Fish Finders 2019 for its affordability.
- Handheld device
- Portable and lightweight
- Comes with bracket and neck strap
7. Lowrance HOOK2 5:
- HOOK2 5 - 5-inch Fish Finder with TripleShot Transducer and US Inland Lake Maps Installed
- EASIEST TO USE: The Lowrance HOOK2 5 Fish Finder features auto-tuning sonar and phone-like menus giving you more time to spend fishing and less time dealing with settings.
This is yet another fish finder from Lowrance that is famous in the market. Here we are mentioning the 5” model, but you can get it in display sizes of 7”, 9” and 12”. This model has been specially made to be a secure device for everybody irrespective of their age.
This has auto-tuning of sonar which allows you to use it without needing to toggle between the settings easily. You will feel that you are using a smartphone rather than using a fish finder. The advantage of the device is that it comes with a wide-angle CHIRP sonar cone which increases the stretch of its findability, which is double compared to the traditional fish finders.
It is straightforward to set up this device, and it is especially helpful for small boats and kayaks. It comes with TripleShot transducer which allows for DownScan sonar, SideScan sonar, and CHIRP sonar imaging. US Inland maps are already provided with this device, so the GPS becomes much more effective and helps you to find lots of fish on every single trip.
If you narrow the beam, then you will be able to get more detailed knowledge about the area and the fish. You can also use the GPS to plot points that you have searched, which helps you to build-up on data.
It also comes with an SD card slot which is quite helpful for the future. You can upgrade the device and even utilize third-party apps on it.
- Easy to use
- Clear and bright 5” display
- Wide-angle CHIRP Sonar
- Auto-tuning sonar
- Comes with maps
- Micro SD card slot
- Triple imaging
- A little heavy
8. Humminbird 410150-1 PiranhaMAX 4 Fish Finder:
We have already mentioned a Humminbird product on our list, but this time we are going for a very affordable low-end best fish finders that you can find in the market. This is great for beginners who are just starting with fish finding and may require an entry-level product.
Diagonally, the LCD of this model measure 4.3,” and it helps to view sharper images. The interface is quite easy to use, so no one will need to struggle with it. The device has many features such as the Fish ID+, Fish alarm, depth alarm, etc. which increases the quality of fishing. You can even zoom the screen for better viewing.
The highlighting feature of this device is the Dual Beam Sonar which helps you to choose between a wide beam and a narrow beam. A narrow beam helps you to have a more precise look at a place, whereas a wide beam helps you to have an overall view of the fish to be found.
This also comes with a tilt and swivel mount, which helps you to see the display according to your ease. IPX7 waterproofing in this device helps it to stay okay, even if there are water splashes. The depth capacity of this device is 600 ft and 320 ft and the images are in 2D.
- Dual sonar beam
- Tilt and swivel mount
- 4.3” LCD Display
- 2D imaging
9. Raymarine Axiom 12 Fish Finder:
- Built-in Real Vision 3D sonar with CHIRP Down Vision, CHIRP Side Vision and traditional CHIRP sonar
- Quad core processor delivers blazing fast performance without any slowdowns
We have already mentioned one deluxe fish finder that is loaded with features, and this is another one from Raymarine. The company is known for creating great fish finders and this model has to be one of them. Yes, it does cost a little more money, but they do give all the things that a person will need to fish in the best way possible.
The device contains CHIRP Down Vision, CHIRP Side Vision, and the traditional CHIRP sonar which provides impressive imaging. The device has navigation charts for the US as well as for Canada and has information for more than 20,000 water bodies. You can even make your charts for future usage.
The LightHouse 3 Operating System is fluid and you will never need to struggle with it. The interface is nice and it doesn’t lag even during heavy usage. This is mainly made possible by the quad-core processor that comes with this device. You will never face a slowdown if you purchase this product and with time it does get updates which helps in increasing the potential.
It does come with a RealVision 3D Transducer which saves you from installing different transducers for different purposes. It is a wholesome product that lets you fish with ease which provides a lot much information. You use the product through its multi-touch facility and as it has wi-fi connectivity, you can connect it with your Android or iOS device.
You can even add a thermal night vision camera along with this device to make it extra useful.
- Pre Installed Maps
- Wifi connectivity
- RealVision 3D Transducer
- LightHouse 3 OS
- Quad-core Processor
- Quite pricey
So, here are 9 of the fish finders that are trending in the market and they are of high quality. We have chosen them according to the latest features that you can get in a fish finder. We are sure that it wouldn’t let you down and they will work great. Several other users have checked them out before, and you can find fish finder reviews that rave about them. We have chosen the best brands available in the market. Just make sure that you are purchasing a product that falls in your budget and has the best prices. Further, we will provide you more knowledge about fish finders and tell you the right ways to find a suitable product if you want to choose one yourself. Let us go on with it.
Things to know before you buy a fish finder:
Let us assume that you are in the market looking for fish finders. Most probably, you will listen to a salesperson who will suggest a product according to their commission. You may end up paying more for something that doesn’t have the right features. So, let us help you with it by telling you a little more about it.
Types Of Fish Finders:
There are different types of fish finders, and among them, there are three broad categories, the standalone, networked, and the combination fishfinder and chart plotter (GPS):
If you are someone who is looking for the most basic model of Fishfinders which will provide you an excellent overview of the situation underwater, then you can get the standalone model. It is a great budget option and the company often offers several features for the price that they take. It is not for the person who has just bought a large boat or is a professional Fisher. These fish finders are great entry-level tools for beginners. These are best to be used in inland lakes where the depth is still manageable with such a device.
Connectivity is one of the boons that are present to human beings right now. We want to remain connected to the whole full world and it is helpful to get more information. Networked fish finders are the tools that you can connect with your smartphone over Bluetooth or WiFi. This feature is quite handy. The networked fish finders often sport the best features in the market, which lets you access more data as well as store more data.
Large fishing boats may often use networked Fish Finders that have multiple displays to view different things or images at the same time. Along with the feature of connectivity, they do possess all the features that should be present in a fish finder. These models are often costlier than the primary and combination models.
By the name, you can understand that it is a combination of different features. This often included the elements of GPS connectivity as well as the usual sonar performance of the best fish finders. The user can toggle between the settings according to their needs. They provide better detection of fish and underwater and they help in navigation for the fisherman.
The GPS often has maps for water bodies around the country of purchase. Some of the high-end models also allow the users to split the screen according to their needs. GPS has become a much-needed feature in a fish finder and this is great for medium-sized boats and people who fish frequently.
Type of Sonar, DownScan and SideScan Imaging:
If you notice, then you will see that most of the models that we have mentioned have both the features of having downs as well as sidescan. This is the combination feature that companies are provided as it helps to fish efficiently and to make the best fish finders. In basic models, you may still find them as standalone features. The downs can look down at the water from the vessel, whereas the side scan checks out the sides of the vessel.
This feature helps to see downwards into the water. They get even more accurate when the sonar can reach 40 ft or more. They distinctly find out about the schools of fish found in the depths of the waterbody and helps to find them accurately. They are great tools for those fishers who like to catch fish that are present deep down. They aren’t entirely helpful to shore or surface fishers as they do not catch the sight of fish present at the sides of the vessel. If you are going to fish in shallow water, then you may skip on getting a fish finder that has this feature.
As we have said above, this helps to analyze fish present on the sides of the fish. The sonar is spread like a fan, which enhances the accuracy of spotting the fish. Most of the devices with sidescan can scan 100 ft around the vessel. You can comfortably sit in your boat and check out the sides rather than continually moving and disturbing the water. This is great for beginners. They aren’t really for people who want to fish in deep water. Most of the time, sidescan tends to diffuse as the depth nears 75 ft. It is excellent to be used in shallow waters.
We will always suggest you get a fish finder with combination imaging as it allows you to fish in every season according to the depth of the water body. They do cost a little more, but you pay for quality. When you use a fish finder with combination imaging, you can use any vessel, and you will be fine and catch several fish in a short duration of time. We have mentioned a lot of them in our Best Fish Finders Reviews.
When you are looking for fish finders, you will need to think about its display specifications as you are going to look at it always while fishing.
- Resolution: The resolution of the display is the feature that helps you to know about the clarity of the display. You cannot demand HD resolution from a basic fish finders. Displays with better resolution do help you to have a better look at the fish and their distance from the bait. If you have the money and budget, then always go for the device with the highest resolution or stick to mid-budgeted best fish finders.
- Color: You should always choose a color display over a grayscale display as it allows you to see several things. Color displays show the different depths of water. Color helps you to discern between the different things that are shown on the screen and makes understanding the device much easier.
- Size: Just like you pay attention to the display size you get in your smartphone, you need to purchase a fish finder after checking out its display size. Basic models often have small display size and span from 4 to 5 inches. The display size can go up to 12 inches, according to the budget and the features that you want to avail. The display size mentioned a fish finder is the diagonal size of the display. You will need to pay more for the devices that have a larger screen and have a resolution of 720 or above.
The transducer of the fish finder is quite essential, and it is often known as the mouth and ears of the device. It is the path that sends the sonar beams and then catches it as it is returning. Two things that are important about a transducer are the power of the transmitter and well as the frequency of distribution.
- Power: If you go for a high-end fish finder, you will see that the transducers are quite powerful and they may even have the dual-beam feature. You do need to get a device that has a powerful sonar output, which helps to detect the underwater thoroughly rather than bringing no results. Check the power outage and peak of the device before purchasing it. 250 W is the best choice for someone who is looking to catch fish which are at depth. Machines may also have the option to interchange transducers according to the need of the person.
- Frequency: Another essential thing about a fish finder is the frequency at which it operates. You may have seen that we have mentioned CHIRP over and over in the devices present in the list. This is because it is an important function. Devices may also work in a single frequency or dual frequency or even at multiple frequencies. You should choose fish finders that let you toggle between the level of frequencies. The lower frequency is better at penetration which is useful for finding fish at depths, and higher frequencies are better when the boat is moving fast. Try to get a device with a lower frequency of 200 kHz or less and a higher frequency of 800 kHz or more.
History for Fishfinders
You may want to know the history of fish finders as they are some helpful. The history begins with the fact that the device is a SONAR instrument which stands for Sound Navigation and Ranging. They developed from fathometers which helped vessels to know about the depth of water using sound waves.
The fathometers have a light that used to blink when the echo returned after hitting an object. So, a fathometer and a fish finder work on a similar principle.
The earliest fathometers weren’t super accurate, but they helped in case of rough waters to know about the position of the ship. Fishfinders were mainly born for commercial fishing, and in the 90s the displays were added as LCD was invented.
From then on, the price decreased and now fish finders are available with several features like in-built GPS and versatile imaging.
Why is a fish finder useful?
Till now we have talked a lot about the features of the best fish finders. Why do you think that a Fisher person will require a fish finder? One of the main reasons for this is that a fish finder accurately detects the position of the fish and separates it from the surroundings. All this is done with the help of sonar which is quite useful.
Both infrequent fishermen, as well as professional fishers, use fish finder as they are handy and they take away the need for guesswork. It also saves a lot of time. They help to catch fish over a wide area.
These days the fish finders come with several features that help in fishing. They are available at a budget price so that we can afford it easily. Fishers should look forward to buying the best fish finder for themselves. Do check our Best Fish Finders Reviews mentioned in the above section to know more.
Benefits Of Using A Fish Finder
- Depth: Fishfinders these days come with GPS and they are efficiently able to tell the depth of the water body. Most of them go up to 500 ft. This feature is extra helpful when someone is in a deep waterbody and wants to fish at a certain depth.
- Water Temperature: The activity of the schools of fish depends a lot on the temperature of the water. So, a fish finder helps to know about the depth so that you can set the frequency according to it. This also helps in different fishing species of fish.
- Saving fishing data: You may want to save data about the locations which you visit in a water body and a fish finder helps you to do that. Some even let you make underwater topographical charts.
- Increases fishing: If you haven’t used a fish finder, then you wouldn’t know the usefulness. They are high devices that help to provide you with all the features needed for catching more fish. The expensive fishfinders help commercial fishers and save their time.
- GPS: These days, the fish finders have in-built fish finders which help to eliminate the need to get an external GPS device. The feature helps in navigating several water bodies as the information is already there in the machine.
1. Why do you see a fish as an arch in the fish finder?
When you check a fish finder for the first time, you will see that a fish is displayed on it by an arch even in the best fish finders. This is done to help you to differentiate it from the terrain and other objects found underwater. The main reason behind it is that a fish is always moving, so the distance between the transducer and the fish keeps on changing. When it is just under the sensor, you get to see the arch. There are several reasons which may change the size of the arch. These days the devices also have a fish symbol which lets you know when it sights a fish.
2. How to pick the best fish finder, which is meant for you?
Till now, we have talked about the different fish finders that you can find in the market and its functions. In the end, we would like to talk about some of the things that you should check in the best fish finders. These include an in-build GPS, type of sonar, frequencies of operation, display, and other things that you might need. These are the things you must notice:
- Wattage: Do check the wattage if you care about the depth at which you catch the fish. This is important for anglers. You may choose more wattage for more depth.
- Screen Quality: The more you pay, the better quality you get but make sure that the screen has a proper size and a decent resolution. You may also get one that is splash-proof. Try to find the best one possible.
- Sonar: We talked about the different sonar variants that you can get. So, keep them in mind and get a device accordingly. Do go for the combination style if you find it in your budget.
- Price: In the end, everything depends on the price that you want to pay. So, make sure to strike a deal by comparing between the different models before you pick one. Do not go over-budget just because you like the features. Make sure that it will be useful for you. Go for a primary device if you are a beginner. We have kept the price and budget in mind for our Best Fish Finders Reviews.
In conclusion, we would like to say that these are everything that we wanted to talk about when it comes to fish finders. Do go through the things that we have mentioned over here and we are sure that it will help you to find a suitable device. We wish you the best of luck in finding a great fish finder!
- 1 Best Fish Finders of 2019
- 1.1 1. Garmin Striker 4:
- 1.2 2. Garmin Striker 4cv: Mid-Range Fish Finder
- 1.3 3. Humminbird Helix 5 410230-1:
- 1.4 4. Lowrance HDS-12 Live: Deluxe Fish Finder
- 1.5 5. Deeper PRO+ Smart Sonar:
- 1.6 6. Lucky Handheld Portable Fish Finder:
- 1.7 7. Lowrance HOOK2 5:
- 1.8 8. Humminbird 410150-1 PiranhaMAX 4 Fish Finder:
- 1.9 9. Raymarine Axiom 12 Fish Finder:
- 2 Things to know before you buy a fish finder:
- 3 History for Fishfinders
- 4 Why is a fish finder useful?
- 5 Benefits Of Using A Fish Finder
- 6 FAQs