Best Gun Safe Dehumidifiers: You just cannot leave your guns and other valuables in the humidity, which can damage them. Your guns are prone to rust and also permanent damage if exposed to a higher level of moisture. And keeping your arms safe without a dehumidifier in summers as well as other systems is a no-no. Your gun safe needs dehumidifier or multiple units of the same to effectively control humidity inside the safe for better care of your firearms.
Therefore, we have listed different types of dehumidifier and best in their category to help you pick one ideal for you. So, get to the list of best dehumidifiers for gun safe, go through the reviews. And, get them for your gun safes from the list down below.
Top 6 Best Gun Safe Dehumidifiers in 2020 – Reviews
1. New and Improved Eva-Dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
- Type:- Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
- Size:- 8 x 2.5 x 5.5 Inches
- Charge:- Electric charge
The New and Improved Eva-dry E-500 is a mini renewable dehumidifier for your gun safe and other such enclosed spaces. The Mini humidifier works on silica gel technology. The technology works as the silica gel beads inside the dehumidifier absorb humidity from the area you keep it in. Upon absorbing moisture to its capacity, the beads change color.
The renewable beads can be used again by removing the absorbed humidity from them by charging. The humidifier can be plugged in for a period mention, and after it will be ready to dehumidify your gun safes again. The Eva-dry E-500 gets plugged in a power socket to get charged and requires no battery or cord.
The silica gel beads used are non-toxic and renewable, which makes them affordable and environment-friendly. They work naturally and require no electric setup and are mobile to place at any place you want. The best part is they last up to 10 years, which means you can charge and use them for long years.
- Renewable and non-toxic
- Silent operation
- Lasts for several years
- Needs long hours of charging
2. LOCKDOWN Dehumidifier Rod
- Removes moisture from gun safe interior
- Dries approx. 100 cubic ft.
- Type:- Dehumidifier Rod
- Size:- 12-Inches long
- Charge:- Electric connection
Dehumidifying rods are widely used dehumidifiers for gun safes with electric connection. And, the Lockdown dehumidifier rod is one functional, practical, and effective one in the category. It is a long and slender rod, which heats up with an electric connection to raise the temperature by heating air inside your gun safe.
The rod is an effective solution for tackling humidity in gun safes due to their function of continuously heating the air inside. It requires no charging or changing and works consistently. The rod from Lockdown with 12-inches of length is ideal for 100 cubic feet of area, and the one with 18-inches of length is ideal for 200 cubic feet.
The rod comes with mounting brackets, which can be used to install the rod at any place in the safe. You can choose to keep it at the bottom, on the sides, or on the upper surface. The rod operates on 110V and doesn’t affect your electricity bills. It can be used along with other types of dehumidifiers and also with a fan to tackle oppressive humidity effectively.
- Continuously heats up the air inside to prevent mildew, rust, and more
- Comes with mounting brackets to mount the rods anywhere in the safe or other cabinets
- Available in two different sizes
- Requires electric connection for operation
3. Hornady 95902 Dehumidifier Canister
- Hornady Silica Gel Dehumidifier Canister - protect your firearms, gun accessories, ammo and more from excess moisture, rust, and corrosion by keeping these reusable gun safe dehumidifier cans handy
- Keep Your Gun Safe Moisture and Rust-Free - portable dehumidifier with highly absorbent silica gel to attract excess humidity from its surroundings. This Hornady dehumidifier is crucial in maintaining...
- Type:- Canister
- Size:- 6.2 x 4.2 x 4.7 inches
- Charge:- Heat charging in oven
Hornady 95902 dehumidifier canister is a simple and effective solution to tackle humidity. It uses no supply of electricity or battery for operation and works efficiently with hygroscopic substances. The Hornady canister is filled with desiccant crystals that absorb moisture from the air and turns its color upon absorbing to its capacity.
The crystals can be charged again to absorb moisture by heating it in an oven to get rid of the moisture already absorbed. Later, the canister is ready to be used again and for several years by charging it again after it is full of absorbed moisture. The canister is made of aluminum and can be quickly heated. It has holes all-around to absorb moisture, and a window of crystals to indicate the need for charging through color changed crystals.
The crystals are non-toxic and renewable, which is environment-friendly as well as pocket-friendly. The product weighs 2.1 pounds and has a size dimension of 6.2 x 4.2 x 4.7 inches ideal for placing it in small places.
- Requires no electricity supply or batteries
- Environment-friendly and pocket-friendly product
- Lasts for several long years being renewable
- Charging in an oven creates little hassle
4. PEET – SafeKeeping Dryer and Dehumidifier for Gun Safes and Cabinets
- SAFE AND DRY: The PEET SafeKeeping Dryer circulates warm air and removes humidity from gun safes and cabinets.
- SAVE YOUR GUNS: Eliminates moisture, prevents rust, and preserves the life of your guns.
- Type:- Dryer cum dehumidifier
- Size:- 9 x 7 x 4 Inches
- Charge:- Electric supply
Dehumidifier from PEET is a dryer cum dehumidifier for your gun safe and other such enclosed spaces. It is a different product from the range of dehumidifiers available in the market. The dryer cum dehumidifier sucks in humid air and releases hot air to regulate temperature thus, preventing mildew in your safes and effectively reduced humidity.
The dehumidifier is a simple and effective hot air regulator that uses electricity connection and requires no further assistance or maintenance. Simply plug it and forget it. It has a compact shape and size which easily fits safes, cabinets, and is ideal for space up to 80 cubic feet. The dehumidifier also uses very little electricity and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Dryer cum dehumidifier
- Easy to use and less on maintenance
- Consumes less electricity
- Not ideal for large spaces for long or big safes
5. LOCKDOWN GoldenRod Dehumidifier Rod
- SPECS: 24” L, 110-120 volt AC plug, 6 foot cord, protects up to 300 cubic feet, has a lifetime warranty and is Made in the USA
- EASE OF USE: Rod features attachable legs for placement and a cord with a quick plug attachment to allow for the cord to be ran through the back of the safe and then plugged in
- Type:- Rod dehumidifier
- Size:- 9 x 7 x 4 Inches
- Charge:- Electricity supply
Goldenrod dehumidifiers are pretty popular because of their effective dehumidification. These rods from Lockdown are extremely well-performing and effective. They regulate the environment inside your safe and closet to keep molds, mildew, and humidity at bay. They increase the temperature of the safe and cabinets slightly, thus discouraging condensation and moisture.
The Goldenrod is available 12, 18, 24, and 36-inch variants, where 12-inch is ideal for 100 cubic feet of area, 18-inch for 200 cubic feet, 24-inch for 300 cubic feet, 36-inch for 500 cubic feet. It uses only 110-120 Volt of AC plug for operations and comes with a long cord for the same. The rod is slim and takes almost no space in your safe. It also comes with mounting brackets to mount it easily at any place in the safe.
- Slender effective dehumidifier rod
- Available in different size variants
- No cons
6. DEERMA Small Dehumidifier Moisture Absorber
- 【Renewable Silica Gel Crystals】: Non-toxic, safe and spill-free silica gel crystal beads efficiently absorb damp and moisture from the air and give you a dry and fresh air.
- 【Renewable & Reusable】: This dehumidifier need plug in for 12-15 hours in order to dry out the silica gel beads quickly for the next use. After each renewal, it can absorb damp and moisture from...
- Type:- Rechargeable mini dehumidifier
- Size:- 3 x 3 x 8.1 Inches
- Charge:- Rechargeable
The Deerma small dehumidifier is a practical and aesthetically pleasing product from Deerma. It is a rechargeable dehumidifier which contains silica beads. Like other silica bead dehumidifiers, the silica beads absorb moisture and need recharging, which is the removal of moisture by charging the beads.
The dehumidifier is designed cylindrical to be efficient with increased space and 600 grams of silica beads to absorb more moisture. The Derma is designed with dense hole designs and can be placed horizontally as well as vertically. The best part is that it is equipped with a quick charge which dries out the beads quickly for use again. It has 3pcs of ceramic PTS heating elements, which charges the dehumidifier soon to use again.
The design of the Deerma also includes a transparent visualization window to determine when to charge the dehumidifier again. It is strong, durable, and even flame resistant with ABS material. The beads are non-toxic, spill-proof, and renewable to use for several long years.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Improved design
- Quick charge and drying of beads with PTS heating element
- The beads are non-toxic, spill-proof, and renewable for repeated use over the years
- No cons
Recommended Read: 7+ Best Biometric Gun Safes in 2020
Buyer’s Guide to Buy Best Gun Safe Dehumidifier
Your gun safes are prone to mold, mildew, and damp air due to the closed nature of the safes and humidity. And it creates problems for your guns, ammunition, and other valuables present in them. Therefore, to discourage the growth of molds, mildew, and the typical smell, it is essential to regulate the environment inside the safes and to control moisture present in there.
You need the best dehumidifier for gun safe to work around the clock for you in your safe. So, let’s discover options for you and help you decide which one to pick.
Types of dehumidifiers:
1. Silica Gel
Dehumidifiers with silica gel are effective and long-running with low maintenance. The hygroscopic beads and crystals of silica gel effectively absorb moisture in the air. The silica gel is available in the market in two types that are one time and renewable that is rechargeable.
The one-time silica gels can be used and discarded after it absorbs to its capacity and is available in disposable pouches, bags, and more. This option of single-use silica gel is convenient and hassle-free but is expensive and not environment-friendly.
The renewable and rechargeable silica gel crystals and beads can be used and later dried out that is charged through electricity or heating. This renewable nature of the beads allows the use of several years. Such silica gels dehumidifiers are available in electric dehumidifiers and canisters. The electric ones can be plugged in to be recharged, whereas the canister ones can be placed in the heated oven to dry them out.
Renewable silica gel is non-toxic, spill-proof, and is pocket-friendly too.
2. Heating rods:
Heating rods are another effective solution to regulate the environment inside your gun safes. These heating rods heat the air inside your safes, which tackles condensation and moisture inside and prevents building up of molds and mildews and rust on the things inside. These rods require an electric connection and are easy to mount inside. The only downside of using these heating rods is that they need active electrical connections inside you safe, and they do not remove the odor, which is a limitation.
Dryers cum dehumidifiers:
There are other dryer cum dehumidifiers also available in the market which perform excellently. These types of dehumidifiers suck in moist air and release back heated air, which works efficiently compared to heating rods. The dual-function brings down the humidity levels smoothly and efficiently.
Which one is ideal for you?
Deciding one dehumidifier may seem difficult for you because of the availability of so many options. You can easily pick one according to the size of your safe or according to the solution you require.
If your safe has access to an electric connection, you can opt for an electric rod and also keep other silica gel dehumidifiers to tackle the moist air and the odor which the electric rod doesn’t pick. You can also opt for various rod length for the size of your safe.
If you do not have access to an electric connection, you can always go for a rechargeable dehumidifier for your safes or canisters, which are easy to recharge in an oven. Always make sure that you have spare ones to place when you take out ones in use for charging.
You can also opt for the ones with the dryer to keep your gun safes well ventilated with the flow of hot air and suction of damp air to get rid of the humidity.
Also Check: 10+ Best Fireproof Safes of 2020 (Reviews)
FAQs Regarding the best Gun Safe Dehumidifier
1. Do gun safes need dehumidifiers?
Yes. However, not the gun safes but the guns inside your gun safe needs a dehumidifier. Gun safes tend to humidify more in summers and monsoon and also when you keep them in your basements or any such other places. The humidity is very likely to rust your firearm and cause them to damage with growing molds and mildews. Thus, the best dehumidifier for gun safe will regulate the environment and will prevent such damage.
2. What is the best dehumidifier for a gun safe?
There are a variety of dehumidifiers available for a gun safe like dehumidifying rods, canisters, rechargeable mini dehumidifier, bags with silica gel, and more. You need to pick one capable considering the size of your safe and humidity at your location and space. Opt for a rod if you have an electric connective in your safe and also put a mini dehumidifier with silica gel to bring down humidity effectively. You can also go for a canister or mini dehumidifier if your safe has no electricity connection.
3. Do gun safe dehumidifiers work?
Yes, gun safe dehumidifiers work, and they work effectively to bring down humidity to a safe level for your firearms. The performance of these dehumidifiers also depends upon the level of moisture and maintenance. Opt for one effective for the size of your gun safe and even use multiple to tackle oppressive humidity.
4. What can you put in a gun safe to keep moisture out?
You can use dehumidifiers to keep moisture controlled in your gun safe. You can use single-use silica gel pockets, rechargeable silica gel dehumidifier, dehumidifier rods, and also air regulators cum dehumidifier. All these to keep moisture on check in your gun safes and other such enclosed spaces.
5. What size dehumidifier do I need for my gun safe?
Dehumidifiers are effective in a specific space they are kept in, and you need to find one ideal for the size of your gun safe. Mini and rechargeable dehumidifiers are ideal for an area up to 200 cubic feet and you need to opt for multiple such with increasing space or dehumidifier rods of various lengths. The size of the dehumidifier is directly related to its efficiency in the area. If you have an exceptionally large safe, you can use multiple and various types of dehumidifiers to effectively control the moisture.
So, here were the effective dehumidifiers of various types for your gun safes and also can be used in other spaces as well. They are indeed a must-have to keep your firearms safe from damages. These dehumidifiers are not heavy on maintenance and are very easy to use and also really very useful.
So, get the best ones for your gun safes and to keep your guns safe that is away from moisture, mold, mildews, and more.
- 1 Top 6 Best Gun Safe Dehumidifiers in 2020 – Reviews
- 1.1 1. New and Improved Eva-Dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
- 1.2 2. LOCKDOWN Dehumidifier Rod
- 1.3 3. Hornady 95902 Dehumidifier Canister
- 1.4 4. PEET – SafeKeeping Dryer and Dehumidifier for Gun Safes and Cabinets
- 1.5 5. LOCKDOWN GoldenRod Dehumidifier Rod
- 1.6 6. DEERMA Small Dehumidifier Moisture Absorber
- 2 Buyer’s Guide to Buy Best Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- 3 FAQs Regarding the best Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- 4 The Cumulation