Best Rangefinder for Long Range Shooting: The best aid for your targets is a rangefinder. Whether you own a bow, a crossbow, or a hunting rifle, more exceptional ranging capabilities, and magnification is required to take down your targets quickly and efficiently. For your rifle hunting needs, you surely need a long-range shooting rangefinder to get the job done, and therefore, we have prepared a list. We have a list of the best rangefinder for long-range shooting, which included laser, ballistics, and more feature-rich ones.
Ideal for everyone’s need, the products are thoroughly reviewed for you to make most of your money and best time hunting. So, let’s get into the details.
Top 6 Best Rangefinders for Long Range Shooting:
1. Vortex Optics Ranger
- The Ranger 1800 rangefinder is easy to use and features a clean, illuminated display and highly intuitive menu. The Ranger 1800 is capable of ranging up to 1,800 yards.
- The primary HCD mode displays an angle compensated distance that is ideal for the majority of hunters and shooters. An advanced LOS mode provides you the option to calculate long distance, high angle...
- Range Reflective:- 1800 Yards
- Type:- Laser Rangefinder
- Dimension:- 5 x 4.1 x 2.7 Inches
- Weight:- 11.8 Ounces
Vortex Optics is a trusted name in the rangefinder product category, and this one on the list is a much-sought product. The Vortex Optics Ranger is a laser rangefinder. It has a long-range reflection of up to 1800 yards with primary HCD mode and advanced LOS mode. The primary HCD (Horizontal Component Distance) mode displays an angle compensated distance while the advanced LOS (Line of Sight) mode precisely calculates for long-distance and high angle shots.
The HCD mode is ideal for ground-level shooting with moderate and mild slopes at different yard distance. Whereas, the LOS mode is suitable for shooters who use ballistic data cards, apps, and more as it provides an actual line of sight range with no ballistic correction for slope.
The scan feature on the rangefinder is equipped with a display for continuous range reading for landscapes and moving objects along with HCD or LOS mode. The best part with all the modes is the three brightness settings of the display for visibility in different lighting conditions. The optimal light transmission delivers the performance of the rangefinder through the fully multi-coated lenses with adjustable focus with the eyecup.
The Rangefinder is made robust with textured rubber armor, and non-slip grip along with neck lanyard and removable utility clip. It is also easy to hold and carry with a dimension of 5 x 4.1 x 2.7 inches and a weight of only 11.8 ounces. The range finder is also compatible with a tripod adapter for ease in use.
- Small and handy
- 1800 yards of range reflective
- No cons
2. Nikon Black RANGEX 4K Laser rangefinders
- Measurement range is 10-4, 000 yards. Size (length x width x height): 4.3 x 1.6 x 2.9 inch
- Max range: reflective target is 4, 000 yards tree is 1, 700 yards Deer is 1, 500 yards
- Range Reflective:- Up to 4000 yards
- Type:- 4K Laser Rangefinder
- Dimension:- 4.3 x 1.6 x 2.9 Inches
- Weight:- 6.2 Ounces
Nikon has a range of laser rangefinders, and some are the most technologically advanced ones. The one we have on the list is the 4K laster rangefinder Nikon Black Rangex. The rangefinder is waterproof, fog-proof, and features a high-visibility red OLED display. The OLED has 4K high visibility and five stages of automatic and selectable brightness.
The rangefinder comes with some of the outstanding features like hyper read, ID technology, and Tru-Target technology. The hyper read has fast and positive distance in 0.3 seconds and the ID technology to help you determine your best shot. The other highlight feature is the Tru-Target technology to choose between two different ranging modes as per the user’s preference.
The Nikon Black Rangex is also equipped with 6x magnification and performs very well for target spotting and acquisition with the integral monocular. It is 4.3 x 1.6 x 2.9 inches in dimension and weighs only 6.2 ounces. The built is rugged and have grips at the area of the hold.
- Waterproof and fog proof
- High-contrast red OLED display
- ID and Tru-Tec Technology
- Compact and lightweight
- Cannot be mounted on a tripod
3. Bushnell Elite Rangefinder
- Ranges from 5-1,760 yards with 1/10-yard display precision and 7 times magnification
- Laser wirelessly communicates with the conx app on both iOS and Android platforms and allows configuration via a smartphone and the ability to load up to three Custom Ballistic curves
- Range Reflective:- Up to 1760 yards
- Type:- Laser Rangefinder
- Dimension:- 10 x 8 x 4 Inches
- Weight:- 2.15 pounds
Bushnell Elite is a unique horizontal rangefinder. It is waterproof and comes with rain guard HD. The rangefinder is feature-rich with seven times magnification, smartphone connectivity, and compatibility with the magnetic attachment system. The rangefinder is equipped with bullseye, brush, and scan modes along with vivid display technology.
The rangefinder has Arc rifle mode, which provides data of bullet-drop and of holdover in inches, MOA, Mils, and also sight-in distance options of 100, 150, 200, or 300 yards. The holdover values can be incorporated with wind data with the rangefinder with the use of kestrel wind meters.
The smartphone connectivity of the rangefinder connects wirelessly to the conx app, which is supported on IOS and Android platforms to load up to three custom ballistic curves for your shooting. The rangefinder also has a built-in tripod mount for easy mounting.
- Wireless app connectivity for ballistic readings
- Waterproof and comes with rain guard HD
- Various modes with seven times magnification
- Connectivity issue with older versions of the operating system on IOS and Android
4. Upland Optics Perception 1000 Laser Rangefinder
- Water and weather resistant
- Accurate out to 1000 yards
- Range Reflective:- Up to 1000 yards
- Type:- Laser Rangefinder
- Dimension:- 5.1 x 4.1 x 2.8 Inches
- Weight:- 0.16 ounces
Upland Optics dedicatedly produces optics for hunters like monocular rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, and more. The gears are tested in difficult mountain terrains for best quality and longevity along with proper functioning. The Upland Optics Perception 1000 laser rangefinder is water and weather resistant. It is waterproof and fog proof.
The rangefinder has six times magnification with increment reading of 1 yard and consists of a 17mm objective lens. It has a second priority reading mode, which makes ready in thick vegetation also possible for hunters. The rangefinder also has a reputation for fast reading and accuracy and easily and quickly picks up non-reflective objects.
The rangefinder is handy, rugged, and lightweight with a rubber textured grip for a secure grip with only 0.16 ounces of weight. The Dimension of the rangefinder is 5.1 x 4.1 x 2.8 inches.
- Water and weather resistant
- Second priority reading mode for hunters
- Fast and accurate reading
- Lacks angle compensation
5. ATN Laser Ballistics 1500 Smart Laser Rangefinder
- Smart Ballistic Calculator - connect via Bluetooth to your phone to do all calculations in the background through the ATN Smart Phone App.
- Long Range - it helps you quickly calculate the distance between yourself and selected object even at a distance of 1500 meters (1640 yards).
- Range Reflective:- Up to 1640 yards
- Type:- Laser Rangefinder with Bluetooth
- Dimension:- 4.2 x 2.9 x 1.4 Inches
- Weight:- 5.4 ounces
Laser Ballistic 1500 smart laser rangefinder from ATN is a long-range rangefinder with Bluetooth for smartphone connectivity. The smart ballistic calculator of the rangefinder connects with a smartphone via Bluetooth with ATN Smart Phone App for your ballistic ranging. It also pairs with Smart HD and ATN smart scope for POI (Point of Impact) adjustments in real-time and also with 4K scopes.
The rangefinder has a class 1 laser with more than 1mW of average power output for accuracy and precision. The precision is up to 1 yard and is also assisted by six times magnification. It also features a speed mode to know how fast your target or something else is moving. The rangefinder is waterproof, looks minimalistic, and comes with a rugged leather pouch.
- Accurate and precise reading
- Connects with Smart HD, ATN smart scope, and 4k scopes
- Not consistent in weather conditions like fog
6. Leupold RX-2800 TBR Laser Rangefinder
- Model #171910 - RX-2800 in Black
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and backed by Leupold's gold ring 2-year electronics warranty
- Range Reflective:- Up to 2800 Yards
- Type:- Laser Rangefinder with Ballistic
- Dimension:- 6.1 x 4 x 2.6 Inches
- Weight:- 7.9 Ounces
Leupold RX-2800 TBR laser rangefinder is a waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof offering from Leupold. The rangefinder features plenty of ranging options in a lightweight and compact size. It features three reticle options with a plus point, duplex, and Duplex with a plus point. It has a true ballistic range with wind technology, which accounts for incline, range to target, and ballistic information.
The Scan mode on the rangefinder allows continuous ranging while keeping you on target along with Alpha IQ ranging for faster and accurate readings. The rangefinder is also equipped with seven times magnification and shot angle compensation. It has an advanced OLED display with adjustable display intensity with outdoor light conditions.
The use of the Leupold is comfortable and ideal for the outdoors with a lightweight and compact build with a rubberized grip. Along with being lightweight and compact, the rangefinder is durable with aluminum housing. It also features a built-in ¼-20 tripod adapter port. The rangefinder weighs 7.9 ounces and has a dimension of 6.1 x 4 x 2.6 inches.
- Waterproof, fog-proof, shockproof with aluminum housing
- An OLED display with an adjustable display intensity
- True ballistic range, scan mode, Alpha IQ, and seven times magnification
You May Like: Hatsan 95 Air Rifle Combo Review
Buyer’s Guide to Buying The Best Rangefinder for Long Range Shooting
You’ll probably need help in buying a rangefinder for you if you are shopping for it for the very first time. The rangefinder comes for different activities like golfing, hunting, shooting, and more. You need to pick one ideal for the activity you carry. And, for the need of your long-range shooting, we have a list of priorities down below, so let’s go through.
Rangefinders are available in different types. The options include optical, laser, radar, lidar, sonar, ultrasonic, and more. For shooting in the wilderness for hunting, optical and laser are the options, and the best technical and practical one is a laser rangefinder. Laser finders are ideal for long-range shooting with technological advancements like target priority, ballistics, connectivity, and more. They are accurate and display readings on a display.
Modes and magnification:
For your long-range shooting, you will require various modes and increased magnification for broader and longer ranging of your targets. It is essential to look for a higher level of magnification typically more than 6x in the rangefinder you select to view your targets.
Modes such as scan mode, target priority, HCS, LOS, and various others help you scan and target easily. Below we have listed modes required and essential for long-distance shooting in a rangefinder.
- Angle/slope compensation mode to calculate the degree of incline and decline in the terrain between your shots
- First target mode to target close distant targets ignoring the background
- Distant target priority mode to target long distant targets ignoring
- Fog and rain mode for easy range reading in severe weather conditions
- Line of sight and horizontal component display to read distant to the target
- The scan mode to continuously read distances and targets on the move
- Ballistics for reading the ballistic of your firearm to study the range of your target
Build and safety:
Rangefinders are for outdoors, and they need to be rugged and robust with safety for prolonged use along with accuracy. Every buyer out there must ensure a reliable build quality with sturdy exteriors with dependable grips for secure and safe handling. The safety features of an ideal rangefinder include rugged body, waterproofing, fog proofing, shock proofing, neck lanyards, clips, robust case or pouch, tripod compatibility, and few others like weight and dimension.
If you are keen on the budget, you need to shop carefully. The features of a rangefinder decide its price, and not carefully selecting one may make you pay more and not getting what you wanted. These devices come with features that suit different styles, some are dedicated, and some are bundled in hybrids. You need to list down features you want and later hunt for the perfect one, which falls in your budget because one sophisticated yet not necessary functionality for you may cost you a hundred dollars.
For example, a ballistic mode is not needed for every hunter out there, and also you may not need a bow mode if you are not shooting with one.
Also Check: RWS 22 Pellet Model 34 Combo Rifle – Review
FAQs Regarding Best Rangefinder for long-distance shooting
1. What’s the best rangefinder for long range shooting?
We have a list of the best rangefinder for long-range shooting in the article above. The list features some of the best picks which are functional and feature-rich. Amongst them, the best ones are Upland Optics Perception 1000 laser rangefinder, Bushnell Elite Rangefinder, and Leupold RX-2800 laser rangefinder.
2. Do Snipers use rangefinders?
Yes, snipers use rangefinders along with other optics. They tend to use sniper scopes, binoculars, spotter weapon scope, spotting scope, and various monoculars like laser rangefinders.
3. What are the best rangefinders?
The best rangefinders are the ones apt for your needs like range, scanning and spot modes, ballistic needs, and more. Look for the one which suits your needs, have a fair amount of features, and is easy to carry. We have a list of top 6 best rangefinders for long-distance shooting with reviews, pros, and cons in the above articles.
4. How accurate are laser rangefinders?
Laser rangefinders are quite accurate and also precise with the best reflective range. Best use and basic knowledge of reading and ranging make laser finder apt for precise ranging. They have plus and minus accuracy up to 1-yard commonly but are also available in half a yard accuracy.
5. What is the best Bushnell rangefinder?
Bushnell has a variety of rangefinder ideal for various uses. We have one in the list of the best rangefinder for long-distance shooting in the above article – The Bushnell Elite Rangefinder, which has a reflective range up to 1760 yards. The best ones from Bushnell includes Nitro 1800 rangefinders, Trophy Extreme rangefinder, Bone collector rangefinder, and a lot more others.
So, here was the list of six best rangefinders for long range shooting along with their complete review, pros, cons, buyer’s guide, and FAQs. And, we hope that your hunting season will be full of trophies with these best rangefinders guiding you to your best shots every time. You will possibly be buying a great companion for your game shooting from the list above.
They are all feature-rich, high performing, and rugged ideal for your adventures outdoors. So, waste no more time and pick one which suits your needs the most and carry it with you every time you step outdoors for a fun game.
- 1 Top 6 Best Rangefinders for Long Range Shooting:
- 1.1 1. Vortex Optics Ranger
- 1.2 2. Nikon Black RANGEX 4K Laser rangefinders
- 1.3 3. Bushnell Elite Rangefinder
- 1.4 4. Upland Optics Perception 1000 Laser Rangefinder
- 1.5 5. ATN Laser Ballistics 1500 Smart Laser Rangefinder
- 1.6 6. Leupold RX-2800 TBR Laser Rangefinder
- 2 Buyer’s Guide to Buying The Best Rangefinder for Long Range Shooting
- 3 FAQs Regarding Best Rangefinder for long-distance shooting
- 4 The Cumulation: