If you are used to using a rifle, then it is apparent that you will think about a sight. The thought of getting a view will make you feel about the price that you have to pay for one. People often worry that they will need to spend a lot on it. Other than that, one of the most significant factors is quality. When we are paying for something relatively expensive, we want it to be a long term investment rather than a short term one. To break the myth that there aren’t any budget red dots sights available in the market, we gathered some information and chose the best 10 among them. Along with that, we have tried to provide a small buying guide which will help you to buy and choose among other sights that you will find in the market.
Can you get a red dot sight in a small budget?
Yes, you can think of buying a budget red dot and they are readily available in the market. Most of the hunters have a habit of looking at the models that other professional hunters generally suggest. They are often the high-budgeted versions that come with numerous specifications.
We think that when you are buying a sight for hunting purposes, it is best to see that the product that you are choosing will have the needed specifications and it should be without any frill. So, we have included red dot sights within the budget range if $100, $200 and $300, so that it will help those hunters who are tight on budget. We will always recommend you to compare the features present in the models rather than going for the lofty advertisements.
So, let us move on to the list of the best red dot sights that we can get in the market right now.
Best Red Dot Sight Under $100, $200, $300 in 2021 – Budget Reviews
- Matte black featuring a 3 MOA Dot reticle with 11 brightness settings; Mounts easily on most picatinny rails and is compatible with pistols, shotguns, rifles and muzzleloaders
- Waterproof construction: O ring sealed optics stay dry inside, even when totally immersed in water. Parallax - 50
Bushnell is a brand that has been producing rifle options for more than 50 years and they know the thing that they are doing. It is a sight that is bound to give you a good experience when you are using it for hunting. One of the best things about is that it can be used to set your target very quickly. It is a quite powerful sight which will help you to distinguish even between the smallest things.
Another advantage of it is that the lens is multi-coated so that you can even see your target in low-light conditions. It also has the unlimited eye relief function which eases you from squinting into the sight. This lets you hunt for a long time and provides you with a better view. It also has 11 brightness adjustments and one can use it with the easy dial.
When you are buying a scope, one of the things that you need to make sure is that it will be your companion in all types of hunting. This scope is made weatherproof as well as fog proof so that you can use it for all kinds of weather situations. The shockproof casing also makes it sturdy enough to take all pressures. It also gets easily attached to rifles so you wouldn’t need to struggle with it. A rubber scope cover is also provided so that you can close it when it is not in use.
- Multi-coated lenses
- Amber light
- High-contrast lens coating
- 3 MOA red dot
- Easy to mount
- CR2032 battery powered
- Fogproof, waterproof and shockproof
Unlimited eye relief
- Screen Size: 22mmx33mm;Weight: 130g; Length: 82mm
- Reflex Sight Reticle Type: Circle Dot, Cross, 10 MOA & 3 MOA(Red and green illuminated)
If you are looking for a low-priced but durable scope for your hunting purposes, then this one from CVLife can be one of the best choices. It is one of the most popular red dot scopes that you will currently find in the market. One of the main reasons for this is because of its excellent aluminum alloy construction which makes it durable and it will last with you for a long time. It can be easily mounted and you wouldn’t feel that you have added anything extra.
This scope also has unlimited eye relief, which is aided by 4 reticle patterns. So, you wouldn’t need to put pressure on your eyes when you are setting target with the help of this scope. The elevation and windage of this scope are also fully adjustable so that you can hunt in all types of terrain and this also provides you with flexibility. The company also offers a helpful Allen wrench to make the necessary adjustments.
The lense also has the anti-glare feature, which will be of immense help when you are hunting in the daytime. It operates with the help of 2 CR2032 Battery so you wouldn’t need to think about it losing a life when you are hunting.
- Aluminum alloy construction
- 4 Reflex Sight Reticle options
- Unlimited eye relief
- Windage and elevation adjustments
- Powered by 2 CR2032 batteries
- 2 MOA Red-Dot provides 10 illumination settings (8 daylight plus 2 NV) for visibility in all light conditions
- MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not. Provides for optimum operational safety and enhanced 40,000+ hour battery life
Sig Sauer is a company that makes sights for hunting as well as for military purposes. So, you can guess the quality that they can provide. This is a compact red dot sight from their side and it has all the features that you will need. It has Motion Activated Illumination, which is a feature that saves a lot of battery. It activated whenever your rifle or shotgun is in motion. You can guess about its sturdiness from its aluminum body and on top of that, the compact size makes it a lightweight option that wouldn’t add extra bulk to your hunting experience.
It has an extra-wide and anti-reflection lens, which makes seeing easy in all types of situations. This sight does have unlimited eye relief, which saves you from squinting while you are hunting and you can scope on the act. 10 illumination levels in this sight can be easily adjusted. The CR2032 battery is also to provide more than 50,000 hours of hunting to you. It can be easily mounted and detached. The sight is also waterproof as well as fog proof, so you may use it even when it is raining.
- 2 MOA red dots with 10 illumination settings
- Motion Activated Illumination technology
- Waterproof and fog proof
- CR2032 battery
- Durable aluminum body
- Industry-level mountable
- Unlimited eye relief
- Tubeless design with 33mm Reflex lens Aperture provides a wide field of view, suitable for rapid-firing or shooting of moving targets besides normal shooting
- Multi-reticle (4 patterns) or variable dot (4 different sizes) are installed£ºCircle Dot, Cross, 10 MOA & 3 MOA(Red and green illuminated) All in one sight!
Rather than going for a sight that has a tube design, you can go for this Ohuhu sight which looks a little different. It is one of the best sights for targeting a moving object which is either close or in the medium range. This scope features a 33mm lens which provides a comprehensive view that lets you distinct your target from its environment. It comes with 4 reticle styles which make setting your goal super easy. It does have unlimited eye relief, which is one of the most needed features present in insight.
The red or green dot features helps if you hunt in different situations and at varying levels of illumination. The Reticle selector knob makes things easy for the hi
Unter. The sight will mount on any standard bases quite easily. The sight is quite lightweight so that it doesn’t add any weight when you are hunting. As it is fog-proof and waterproof, you will be able to hunt with the help of it in all situations. Adjustment becomes super easy as it does come with wrenches. The 3v lithium battery will help to keep it going for a long time. If you like rapid firing, then you will love this sight.
- Fogproof and waterproof
- 4 reticle styles
- Good for movable targets
- 33mm wide view lens
- 3v lithium-ion battery
- Unlimited eye relief
- The super-light, ultra compact, insanely-fast-on-target Crossfire Red Dot was designed for close-range and general shooting.
- The daylight-bright, 2-MOA dot, is easy to acquire and promotes rapid engagement of targets, yet is fine enough to more precisely engage targets at distance. 11 intensity levels of brightness let...
This is the red dot sight for that person who is willing to pay above $100 but wants to keep the expense within $200. It is a great sight that you are getting at a budget price because of the features that are present in it. Its 2-MOA dot feature makes it a perfect sight that you can use in all situations irrespective of the level of environment present during hunting. It is also good for targets that are present close to you or in normal ranges. There are 11 illumination levels to choose from if you get this sight. On top of that, the Skeletonized mount offers two height options for the sight.
It does have unlimited eye relief, which helps the hunter to keep their eyes open when they are aiming their target with this sight. The windage and elevation of this sight are also adjustable to add extra flexibility. It offers the high mount and low mount options. It also has fully multi-coated optics, which mainly help in low-light situations. The sight can be used in several firearms, including rifles, pistols, and shotguns.
The aluminum body of this sight is quite durable and it wouldn’t break or budge. Along with that, it is also shockproof. The O-ring has been sealed, which will make it waterproof so that it doesn’t get damaged.
- 2 MOA red dot
- Shockproof and waterproof
- Skeletonized mount with 2 height options
- 11 levels of brightness
- Fully multi-coated optics
- Durable aluminum body
- Updated High profile red and green dot sight. 5 Brightness levels for each red and green dot,performing well also in sunny and black light condition.
- Excellent in durability,hold zero well after special durability test.
This is yet another red and green dot sight that is a favorite of many. The dual functionality of having red, as well as green dot function, stands out if you hunt or shoot in different light situations. In this model, you get to choose from 5 different brightness levels, which is excellent, especially in low-light conditions. It does have unlimited eye relief so that you can keep your eyes open when you are using this sight.
This sight can be mounted on a 20mm Picatinny/Weaver rail. So, do check if your firearm supports it or you can buy additional mounts or get it done from a specialist. This is a parallax-free sight that rids you of the need to center your target all the time. It has passed the durability quality test so you can be assured that it wouldn’t break apart due to heavy usage. A CR1632 battery is provided along with this sight and it can hold life for a long time. The company does offer a 6-month warranty on this sight so you can take it to them if any problem arises in that period. Another plus point of this sight is that it is lightweight, so it wouldn’t make your firearm bulky.
- Both red and green dot sight
- Good for all light situations
- 5 different levels of brightness
- Durable aluminum body
- Parallax-free sight
- Unlimited eye relief
- 6-month warranty
- FULL METAL CONSTRUCTION: Aluminum body with all-metal interior instrumentation. Precise windage and elevation adjustments to dial in precise aim up to 4 MOA. Battery included.
- FOR 20mm PICATINNY & WEAVER RAILS: The cantilever style PEPR mount adds a potently handsome look to nearly any firearm. Fits any 20mm Picatinny or Weaver rail.
If you are someone who is in the market to look for the cheapest sight under $100, then this one from Pinty can be one of the best choices that you will have. We were quite happy to see that they are providing both red and green dot functionality in this model. Its full metal body has to be an advantage that gives it the power to be durable. Along with that, the windage and elevation adjustment options that it provides are quite precise. It comes with Cantilever PEPR mount which is meant for 20mm Picatinny or Weaver rail. So, do check the amount of your firearm before you buy this sight.
The dual illuminated green and red dot feature allow you to see your target and aim at it in all situations, be it in day or night. The sight comes with a 30 mm coated lens, which is impressive to see your target in a wide view. It has an additional lens cover which is attached to a spring so that you can easily open and close it. The CR2032 battery does its job quite well so you wouldn’t need to think about its life. It does come with a hex wrench so that the adjustments can be made quite quickly.
- Red and green dot sight
- Adjustable windage and elevation
- Full metal body
- Cantilever PERP mount
- Removable lens cap
- Detachable Weaver Rail Mount has 11mm and 20mm Two Mode to Attach.
- 5 Brightness Setting Inllumination,Red Dot and Green Dot two Mode.
This Amasen rifle scope is a simple thing that you can add to your firearm, but it will help without digging a hole in your pocket. This is a red dot sight, so you can easily use it during low light situations when you are shooting or hunting. It does come with a Weaver Rail Mount has 11mm and 20mm which is detachable. You can choose from 5 illumination levels when you are using this sight. It also has unlimited eye relief, which will help you a lot when you are aiming for long periods. The windage and the elevation of this scope can be adjusted and you can do it with the help of a penny. The multi-coated optic also helps in seeing during various illuminated situations.
The black anodized aluminum construction is an advantage as it makes the scope durable. The lens has a cover that you can open and close via the screw. The company does provide a 6-month warranty along with this scope. The lens diameter is 40 mm, so you can see a lot more than just your target. Also, it comes with a 3V lithium battery, which adds the right amount of life to the scope.
- Dual weaver rail mount options
- 5 illumination levels to choose from
- Windage and elevation are adjustable
- Unlimited eye relief
- Multi-coated optic
- Black anodized aluminum construction
- 40 mm lens
- Screw-on the lens cover
- 【ACCURATE】 Feyachi 4 MOA red dot sight allows for accurate, both-eyes-open shooting. Unlimited eye relief makes for quick target acquisition. Multi-coated scratch resistant lens provides enhanced...
- 【ULTRA-COMPACT】 The small but adaptable optics are perfect for a wide range of daytime applications including hunting, tactical scenarios and precision shooting. Ideal for close-range and general...
This red dot sight from Feyachi is one of the most accurate scopes that you can currently get in the market. It has the 4 MOA red dot feature which increases the accuracy. On top of that, the lens is multi-coated and scratch-resistant, which helps in providing a clear image even in low-light situations. The size of this scope has been kept quite small so that it can easily fit the firearm. It also doesn’t add much weight, which is great when someone is shooting or hunting.
The 11 red dot brightness settings will help out in all levels of illumination present in the environment. It does have a shockproof aluminum body which is quite durable and you will get the benefits when you are hunting or shooting in different terrains. It also has a matte black anodized finish which makes it scratch resistant. The fully waterproof feature makes it a great choice as you won’t face any problem when there is sudden rain. It has 2 mount height options to aid you in aiming better. The much needed unlimited eye relief feature is there in this sight. It does have a rubber cover which helps to protect it.
- Shockproof aluminum body
- 4 MOA red dot
- Multi-coated and scratch-proof lens
- Unlimited eye relief
- Waterproof design
- 2 mount height options
- Rubber cover
- Lightweight and compact
- GUARANTEED LIFETIME DURABILITY: Every sight from Ozark Armament is backed by our hassle-free LIFETIME GUARANTEE. Our sights are so durable we practically beg our customers to abuse them. We are a US...
- CO-WITNESS CAPABILITY OUT OF THE BOX: Designed to co-witness perfectly with the included cantilever mount with any Ozark Armament iron sight or standard iron sights. The Rhino is easy to sight in and...
This red-green dot sight from Ozark is a much-loved product in the market. The company guarantees its durability and they know that this will work for a long time. The scope is made in the USA and the company is ready to help out any users who may have a problem while using it. The range has the features which make seeing it quite effortless. It has the ability of green and red dots, and it can be used in all types of light situations. It has an ultra-rugged design and it wouldn’t develop a problem when you are carrying it. On top of that, it is waterproof so that it wouldn’t get damaged if it comes in close contact with rainy situations.
The scope has been Nitrogen purged so that it doesn’t develop dust which may make it foggy and reduce its clarity. Also, there is a lens cover in this model. The 4 MOA accuracy feature guarantees that your aim will be foolproof when you are using this sight. It provides a wide-angle view of the surrounding so that you can judge it accurately. It does support mounting on Picatinny Rail and Weaver Rail which makes the scope more flexible. The windage and elevation of this scope can also be easily adjusted.
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime warranty
- Red and green dot sight
- 4 MOA accuracy
- Supports Picatinny and Weaver rails
- Windage and elevation are adjustable
- Fog proof, waterproof and shockproof
- Durable design
Points to note when you are buying a sight
When you are in the market, you will come across many red dot sights that have different features. So, at times you will become bewildered seeing them and the tall claims that they make. To simplify it, we thought of some of the points that you should notice when you are buying a sight. We hope that these will help you in purchasing a good sight irrespective of its price. We have tried to maintain all the features of the products mentioned above. We are sure that you wouldn’t get disappointed if you keep these in mind. They are:
- Quality of Construction: Whenever you are buying any product related to shooting or hunting, the first thing that you should see is the construction. As you are going to carry it at all places and through different terrains, you need something that can take the pressure. A scope that has an aluminum body can make it, especially if it has been anodized. So, do check the build quality and the material which has been using. The class will also tell you a lot about the weight that it will add to your firearm.
- Battery Life: Do you want your sight to run out of juice when you are able to aim at the target? Of course not. So, when you are buying the sight, do make sure that it has a good battery inside of it. The battery life may also fluctuate based on the features present in the scope.
- MOA: When you are buying a sight, it is obvious that you will come across the term MOA which stands for Minute of Angle. This determines the size of the dot that your sight will have. Generally, the sights that we have mentioned here have an MOA of 4, but some models in the market can have more than it. Do not focus much on this and we will suggest sticking to an MOA of 4 if you are looking for a budget sight or scope.
- Brightness or Illumination: Will you be hunting or shooting only in one light condition? If yes, then this feature may not matter to you. Most people will like to shoot throughout the day. So, the different levels of brightness or illumination help the sight to adjust to the environment. This is especially helpful if you are shooting or hunting during low-light situations. The sights generally have a dial to use this feature.
- Waterproofing and Fog proofing: We think that these features definitely matter a lot if you want your vision to be clear when you are using your firearm. Waterproofing comes to help when it is raining or snowing at your location. The anti-fogging feature also aids to stop dust from accumulating on the lens of the sight, which may create problem during aiming.
- Warranty: We will recommend getting a sight which has a warranty along with it. This will come to help if any problem arises in your sight during that period though you will see that most red dot sights do miss out on this point.
- Mounting: This is a crucial point as you do not want to buy a redundant item that you wouldn’t be able to use. So, before you place an order for a sight, always check if it is compatible with your firearm or not. These days, you can also make customizations for mounting if you can take it to a specialist. Also, check if the company is providing mounting accessories along with the sight.
Do you want to get a Reflex sight or a Red Dot sight?
Just like we said before, when you are in the market, you will get an ample amount of options. So, you will need to differentiate between them to get the best product available. When it comes to scopes and sights, you can hear a debate between a Reflex sight and a Red dot sight. So, let us see if there are any differences present between these terms.
When it comes to sights, there are 3 broad categories of them, Reflex sight, Prism sight, and Holographic sight. So, the red dot will be present in all of them and it may also have a green dot. The dot is just the aiming point that you will see. The different sights may have some additional features which may increase their prices and even make them better than other models available in the market. So, let us know a little more about these divisions.
- Reflex Sight or Reflector Sight: This is the most common type of sights that you will find in the market. This model has a lens through which the projection of the aiming point is made. These are often the basic models and it has no eye relief which helps the shooter to see without putting any additional pressure on their eyes. Some of the models in this category may even operate without needing a battery. These do lack the magnification feature in most cases.
- Prism Sight: Prism sight is one of the newest technologies that have been introduced. Rather than having a standard lens, a prism sight will have a prism to reflect the aiming point. Because of this, a prism sight will often have the magnification feature. They generally contained an illuminated reticle and an etched reticle. A prism sight will often have an eye relief where you may need a specific eye position to set the aim.
- Holographic Sight: This is the least common sight that you will see in the market. Again, this is a non-magnifying sight. It is quite different than the other sights as it uses a superimposed holographic reticle image in-between the glass windows. A laser diode often illuminates the image. These also have no eye relief. It is quite expensive to buy a holographic sight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to install my new red dot sight on my AR15?
If you have just got the sight, then it is recommended to place it in the forward position on the rifle’s upper receiver as it is the most secure part of the rifle. This provides the perfect distance to view your target and it also makes it easy to focus.
2. How do you zero a red dot sight?
Zeroing helps in accurate aiming and lineup of the target. The process includes:
- You need to set up a target that is 25 meters away
- Keep your firearm in solid rest and aim your sight on the target
- Now, fire and see if it is correct
- Then, try to align your sight along with the direction of the bullet and with the center of the target
- Keep shooting rounds until you think that it is accurate enough
We hope that we were able to include some of the best red dot scopes in the budget of $100 to $300. The sights that we selected have most of the features that we think are important. Do buy any one of them if you believe that they contain the correct specifications. We are sure that they wouldn’t let you down. It definitely remains safe when you are using firearms and testing out the sight.
- 1 Best Red Dot Sight Under $100, $200, $300 in 2021 – Budget Reviews
- 1.1 1. Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight Riflescope
- 1.2 2. CVLIFE 1X22X33 Red Green Dot Gun Sight Scope Reflex Sight
- 1.3 3. Sig Sauer SOR52001 Romeo5 1x20mm Compact 2 Moa Red Dot Sight
- 1.4 4. Ohuhu Red Green Dot Gun Sight Scope Reflex Sight
- 1.5 5. Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight
- 1.6 6. OTW Red Dot Sight, 1x20mm 4 MOA Red Green Dot Sight
- 1.7 7. Pinty 4 MOA Red Green Dot Tactical Reflex Sight
- 1.8 8. Amasen Rifle Scope 1x30mm Red Dot Sight
- 1.9 9. Feyachi Red Dot Sight 4 MOA Micro Red Dot Gun Sight
- 1.10 10. Ozark Armament Rhino Red Dot Sight – Green Dot Sight
- 2 Points to note when you are buying a sight
- 3 Do you want to get a Reflex sight or a Red Dot sight?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 5 Final Verdict