The Ruger 10/22, semiautomatic rimfire rifle is extremely popular among the professionals. It is the overall best rifle for shooting. It provides extremely high quality with a not too expansive price, which is the best thing about it.
Ruger 10/22 is one if the classic rifles that one can find in the USA. Over the years, millions of professionals used it for several applications. Being the best rifle, it needs some of the best accessories, including scope.
Most of the time we think that which scope is best and how to get it. So the Best scope for Ruger 10/22 must be good in terms of performance, durability, the better quality of images, and many more. These are some of the qualities that the user has to look at. You might think that from the above three or four qualities, one can’t choose the scope for Ruger 10/22. And that’s why we are here to answer all of your questions.
The Best Scope for Ruger 10/22 – List
Top 10 Best Scope for Ruger 10/22 – Reviews (2020)
1. Simmons Truplex .22 Mag Riflescope
- Features Truplex Reticle. Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
- Parallax correction preset from 50 yards to infinity
- Fully coated high-quality optical lens
- Parallax adjustment preset: fifty yards to infinity
- Contains the Rimfire 3/8″ mounting rings
- Coating of HydroShield on the lens
- surfaces of SureGrip rubber for quick and easy scope adjustment
The topmost space in the review section of scope For Ruger 10/22 is occupied by Simmons 511039 3 – 9 x 32mm riflescope. The matte black surface gives it an attractive look and keeps it scratches off.
The design and construction are unique that it makes it favorite among the users. It is tremendously colored matte black rifle scope, and it is in the list of favorite products of Simmons. It has the capacity that gives it a super clean and brighter image of an object which is 100 yards away from it.
The magnification quality of 3x-9x constructed so well to give you a clear view of an object and make it capture in a single shot. The light transmission is maximized as it contains full coated. It provides eye relief consistently of 3.5” in all range of magnification and provides good, trustworthy performance to the users.
The lens contains a HydroShield coating that gives a clear image of a target in any weather condition. And the best quality of it is the quick target acquisition- QTA eyepiece. The adjustment of the scope is fast and easy even with hunting gloves and thanks to SureGrip rubber surfaces. As soon as you paired this scope with a rifle, you will get unbeatable performance from the first moment.
- High-quality lenses
- Lightweight model
- Impressive rubber grip
- Affordable price
- No night vision enhancement
2. Nikon Buckmasters II, 4-12x40mm, BDC, Riflescope
- Versatile magnification range
- Fully multicoated lenses
- Extremely bright sight picture
- Precise hand-turn 1/4-inch @ 100 yards click adjustments
- Consistent eye relief
It is one of the best scopes in the market. Filled with Nitrogen, it gives the hunter a careless hunting experience. It is Weather, friendly, and sturdy. It is built to perform under extreme conditions, and it is made waterproof, shockproof, and fog-proof for users that have rough usage.
It has amazing foot field of view from 4x to 12x and gives you a better frame every time. This scope has several layers of anti-reflective compounds added which allows better transmission of light, which in turn gives us a best view possible irrespective of days and nights.
Its well-designed eye relief makes sure that the user is safe during recoils. Creatively designed for Rifles, this is the best choice for a never-thought-before experience.
- The durable and high strength model
- Higher light transmission
- Versatile magnification
- Some users face problem while making adjustments
3. Nikon P-RIMFIRE BDC 150 Rifle Scope
- Utilizes the BDC 150 reticle, which offers shooters unique open circle aiming points from 50 to 150 yards
- The P-Rimfire features Nikon Eco-Glass lenses, made without lead or arsenic and coated with multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds
- Uses reticle of the BDC 150
- Polymer and aluminum construction
- Nikon Eco-Glass lenses which are multi-coated
- Hand-turn adjustment for 0.25 inch @ 50-yard target
When it comes to optics, no one can beat Nikon. This Nikon P-RIMFIRE BDC 150 Rifle Scope is powerful enough to deal with Ruger 10/22. You get quality optics to complement the power. For better bullet drop compensation, this reticle is important.
For maximum light transmission, they provide a fully multicoated lens. With the spot-on ballistic match technology of Nikon, it makes it still compatible in the market and best features among all the users. The image will be so clear that you will love hunting.
For multiple activities, it has so many features which makes it a unique model. With the help of the 32mm objective lens, it can gather more light, and it will help you to have a great time seeing better outdoors. For light gathering, this model is doing quite well.
For better light transmission, they provide a multicoated lens, which gives you a view to see in low light conditions if it’s needed. With the help of the scope, you can catch it in your even moving target in ranges from 6.4 ft to 22.3 ft at 50 yards view frame.
With compare to other scopes, this lens gives a better significant view. It has an easy and quick mounting ability which makes an easy fit on the rifle. To mount it, sometimes low size rings do not work so you need medium size ring as well.
- Easy to mount
- Optical performance
- Plentiful field view
- Impressive light transmission and gathering abilities
- One has to purchase mounting rings separately
4. Combat Optical Ruger 10/22 Black (Blued) 4×30 Rifle Scope
- The scope is specially made for Ruger 10-22 rifles
- compact riflescope of 4×30
- scope rings and rail mount made up of Aluminum
- bolt-on installation technology for easy and quick installation
If you aren’t aware of from where to start learning Ruger 10/22 rifle or you don’t have a much budget for the scope, then I will recommend this scope to buy it for you. It has such a good quality that you can see from its overall design. Many people think that it won’t be delivered good as per its price, but they are wrong.
Light transmission and durability have been improved due to the black matte body. Because of its compact size, many people like to buy it. In the hunting zone, we can transport it easily .by adjusting the knob located on the scope; you can enhance the visuals.
The Ruger 10/22 Black (Blued) 4×30 scope cannot be used for a professional person. Instead, it is more suitable for beginners or those who want to do shooting for a hundred yards they can have it for casual shooting. Users can easily zoom in to make an accurate target and also they can focus on target when they need to aim it.
Bolt-On installation technology allows fast mounting. The mounting rings help to keep the scope on the position after it installed on a gun.
- Comparatively cheap
- Solid construction
- Compact in size
- Hard to hold zero for some users
5. Tasco Rimfire Series 3-9x 32mm 30/30 Reticle .22 Riflescope
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- Tailor-made for .22 rimfire rifles--includes rings
- Stunning images, thanks to quality optics
- best class materials used for construction
- Beautiful design and remains long last
- 50-yard parallax preset setting
- Fully coated optics and lens coatings of magenta multi-layer for bright and clear images
- 1” Advanced Monotube making
The quality of the rifle scope is high, Tasco rimfire has a great reputation among all the hunters. It gives high-quality scope at a low budget; thus, it is cheap and qualitative. The 3-9x 32mm 30/30 Reticle .22 Riflescope is the perfect example of it. The magnification power ranges from 3x to 9x and makes it an ideal choice for all the hunters.
To enhance its quality and durability, they put the single metal tube. With a view to improving its strength, it has a matte black anodized finish. This scope is the favorite product in a list of Tasco’s Rimfire series; there is a reason behind it. It makes best from Ruger 10/22 rifle irrespective of plinking hunting and in paper punching challenges.
This Tasco riflescope can work under all the conditions whether it is good or bad doesn’t matter as it is weatherproof as well as waterproof and shockproof so weather won’t affect shooting. The fully coated optics and multilayer lens can help give you edgy, and line aims for a target to ditch it. To improve its precision furthermore, we can use it with a 50-yard parallax preset for long-range shots.
- Cheap and lightweight
- High-quality scope
- Easy to mount and use
- Variable magnification from 3x to 9x
- Low-quality ring construction
6. CVLIFE 2.5-10x40e Red & Green Illuminated Scope
- The magnification power of 2.5x-10x
- Aircraft grade aluminum used in construction that gives high strength
- Field view of 100 yards of 32.5′ and 8.9′ at 2.5x and 10x respectively
- Laster can reach to the distance of 100 yards
- Illumination option for reticle is red and green
Your search for rifle mounts ends here at CVLIFE. Amazing features are their forte. CVLIFE’s 2.5-10x40e Red & Green Illuminated Scope is one such black matte finished beauty. It comes with Kellner eyepiece that gives an amazing field of view like no other. Its clever design is what stands out. It has s sight laser and scope together that contribute towards ultimate precision you desire for!
Stay assured of your image quality as this scope eliminates image quirks to a great extent. Also, this scope makes laser sights easy to use, as it allows you to adjust the direction with the screw on board!
You have your eyepiece made with a dioptric adjustment lens that allows you, awesome hunters, to use it irrespective of your farsighted or nearsighted eyes. Its 20mm mount makes it easier for you to install it on your rifle. It’s as simple as Plug n’ Play.
The feature that you’ll love the most is its Bullet Drop Compensator that enables you to target at specific distances. And guess what? Your favorite scope is made of high strength aircraft aluminum, so get your rifles and be the hunter you always wanted to be.
- High strength due to aircraft aluminum construction
- Clearer Image
- Special 2 in 1 design
- Eye Relief of 4’’ at 2.5x magnification and 3’’at 10x magnification
- Quick adjustments of the reticle
- Hard to unscrew the battery cover
- 22 rifles and rim-fires to provide striking performance, 3 to 9X magnification, 11.5-Ounce weight
- Water, fog, and shock-proof fully multi-coated optics adjustable for wind-age and elevation
- Magnification power ranges from 3x to 9x
- Waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof design
- Multi-coated optics
- 32mm objective lens
- Adjustable optics for windage and elevation
- eye relief of 3.5-inch
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
BARSKA has a wide range of scopes and Plinker -22 is one of the most popular scopes. Exclusively designed for .22 Rifles and Rimfires. As the name goes, it is majorly designed for plinking and general hunting, which is the area of interest of most of our hunters. It can be as sturdy as any scope can be. Designed to withstand stubborn weather, it saves the body and lens as it is shockproof, fog-proof, and waterproof.
The Plinker -22 offers the hunter to adjust windage and elevation settings that allows the hunter to sit back and hunt carelessly in any weather conditions. Its 3-9x magnification capacity gives us excellent details that our eyes can’t predict. With its amazing foot field of view at both 3x and 9x, it also provides 3.5 inch of eye relief that ensures the safety of the user during extended recoils.
It gives your .22 rifles and rimfires a cutting edge and quadruples the fun you already have with your bad-ass toys! All in all a black matte finish coating and a 30/30 reticule along with 3/8 dovetail rings reflect its premium standards.
- Tough and best scope
- Designed the scope For Ruger 10/22
- Fully multi-coated optics
- 0.25-inch click adjustments
- Includes mounting rings, lens cloth, and lens cover
- Rings are somehow disappointing
8. UTG 3-9X32 1″ BugBuster Scope
- BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM CHINA
- 1 Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission, Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable Turrets with 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- Maximum light transmission with 1-inch emerald coating tube
- flip-open lens caps made up of high-quality material
- turrets with resettable and zero lockable
- 0.25 MOA per click adjustment
- Dual illumination of red and green color
- Large field of view
- Eye relief for optimum critical CQB mission
- detachable rings which are easy to detach
- 2″ sunshade
- Fully sealed and nitrogen filled; fog proof, shockproof, and rainproof
You ask for a strong and robust scope, and you have this all exciting UTG 3-9X32 1” BugBuster Scope because it is specially designed to work well under extreme conditions and can bear shocks up-to a great extent and is filled with Nitrogen and sealed. Be any weather, windy or sunny or foggy; you never have to think twice before taking your rifle out!
Its neatly designed premium target turrets enable the hunter for ultimate precision in windage and elevation adjustments. Forget about proper zeroing every time as this scope gives you a feature of locking your settings. Unlike any other Red Dot, the aim settings will remain intact even if you fall.
The RGB controller on the side lets the hunter control the color according to his need. It is a huge relief for all those out there who are frustrated with bulky rheostat on the eyepiece. UTG provides Mil-dot Reticle that can estimate range, and this can be extensively useful to the hunter to make his shooting experience and performance more than expected.
Something that very few others can provide is its Parallax free view from as close as three yards up-to-the farthest you can imagine. All in all, UTG 3-9X32 1” BugBuster Scope shall be your worthy if you’re looking for a unique and strong experience.
- A lighted reticle
- Impressive optics
- Durable scope
- Suitable only for beginners
9. Trinity 4×32 Mil-Dot Compact Scope & Ruger 10/22 Scope Mount
- Fast 1-3 Days Shipping with Tracking Number. Brand New. No Hassle Return Policy. Buy with Confidence from Authorized Dealer.
- Aluminum body construction for increased durability, includes mounting hardware (no rifle modifications necessary)
- Aircraft grade aluminum body structure
- Includes mounting hardware
- Fully coated glasses gives maximum light transmission
- 3 inches of eye relief
- Weatherproof and fog proof
- Superb light transmission properties
- Work in all-weather condition
- Durable and scratch proof
- No magnification
10. BSA Sweet .22 3-9x40mm Duplex Reticle Rifle Scope
- Bsa Riflescope W/matte Black Finish & Duplex Reticle
- Bsa Optics
- Quick-change turrets
- Rifle Scope of 3-9×40 mm
- Fully-coated optics
- Windage and elevation are hand flexible
- 100% shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof
If a person wants to do any advancement in your Ruger 10/22, then this BSA Sweet 22 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope can be the best choice for you. The versatility of this rifle scope makes it more popular in experts and users due to its features. The multiple turret system is established to make better 36 gr, 38gr, and 40gr bullets. You can aim straight target of the object up to 150 yards and take it down in a single shot with the help of 3x-9x magnification power.
It is a terrific scope in the market under this much prize and intensity. It is Different from other scopes that we have; it is rugged and durable. The switching between systems is easy and turret system coupled with excellent magnification power and the trajectory-specific calibration that gives easy, precise, and quick zeroing.
To increases its durability and aesthetics, the black matte body will help. It is coated optic, which is 100% waterproof, fog-proof, shockproof and also it is in favor when the weather is not on your support.
- Quick-change turrets
- Rifle Scope of 3-9×40 mm
- Fully-coated optics
- Windage and elevation are hand flexible
- 100% shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof
- Very easy to bore sight Ruger 10/22
- eye relief of 3” which is great
- Relatively easy to zero
- Does not come with scope mounts
So all these are the best scope for Ruger 10/22. We have listed the most popular and ideal scope whose range is ideal and provides bright picture quality even in low light conditions. According to me, before you buy a scope, first look at your needs and then pick the one. Even for the best possible choice, you can compare all the models and go for the one.
So how to compare the models and how to find the best one? The answers are here in the next section. So do not go anywhere and have a look at it.
Recommended: 357 Magnum vs. 44 Magnum: In-depth Comparison
Buying Guide: Factors to Consider Before buying Scope for Ruger 10/22
Before you decide which scope is best for your Ruger, you have to decide what your rifle do as most of the user use the rifle for a variety of purposes. So to justify the uses, we have to look for diverse optics or single optics. First of all, carefully think about the uses and go through this section to find out the factors to consider while buying Best Scope for Ruger 10/22.
Magnification is the thing you have to consider first. It shows the power of the scope. But it depends on you that how much powerful scope you needed. Many people prefer powerful optics and pick the range of 20x or higher. This much power is required to shoot very small targets. So this kind of scope is used exclusively for hunting small but troublesome wild animals. However, it is hard to keep on such places where the target is moving around quickly.
Other people pick the scout style scope with low magnification range mostly under 8x to 10x. All such scopes are best for hunting the small game and plinking. This scope is also beneficial for the lower range.
What I mean by scope image is the brightness, clarity, contrast, and anything else that has the power to affects the view of the field through your lens.
Out of all factors, there are three primary considerations that one can check before making a purchase. Most of the time, high powered scopes are hard t get good image compared to the lower power scopes. So keep the magnification power in mind and look for this point.
Glass quality is the first thing that affects the scope image. With the bad glass, the scope is nothing more than an unnecessary accessory for your rifle. In case you have a budget to pick the known manufacture than go for the one that has lower power because it is more flexible to sort out other issues. Even you can get a scope from a reputable place to find out which one is best out of all options available.
The second important factor is the objective lens, which is far side form your eyes and sized appropriately according to the magnification. Most of the manufacturers have done pretty well work on this but if in case you pick the lower end manufacturer, then make sure that the “objective-lens” is all about the dimension you on the same power scope. Keep in mind a large objective lens makes the mounting a little complicated.
The third consideration is the coating of the lens. The lens can be either coated with a single chemical or a variety of chemicals so that it can improve light transmission. It is done by filtering certain wavelengths and decreasing glare to show the things much clearer. The multicoated score has a huge advantage to the scope image. It provides the cleanest and best picture.
Ruggedness and Durability:
To make the best use of the light rifle, you get the scope that is less tough compared to the scope for harder “recoiling-rifles” or the rifles that you used in thick wood areas. If you have Ruger 10/22, then the choice will be banged around a bit. However, picking the most rugged scope can make sense as the product can fall without any advanced notification.
It is always good to pick the model that can handle little abuse as accidents happen without any prior notice, and sometimes we use the rifles that are harder than we think.
So whenever we talk about the ruggedness of scope, it is scratch resistance, shockproof and weatherproof. Also, look for a scope that can handle the light beating and stay on the target.
When we say weather resistant scope, it means it can handle all extream weather conditions and yes waterproof. Most of the best scopes are sealed and cleared with oxygen to keep out the water, dust, oil, and fog.
Do not only look for the view also look for the material from which the scope is made. Pick the scope made with sturdy material like aluminum, steel, or polymer.
So above are primary considerations for any rifle that may be used in the field.
How much time you will take to shot off with your rifle versus how much time you will take shot off with scope decide the complexity of the scope and your willingness to work with scope. You can also find tactical turrets or a “bullet-drop” reticle. For 10/22, remember that it has a limited effective range. Out of this effective range, you can throw a pebble, but for the bullet within the effective range, you have to consider the particular scope.
According to me, there is no need to target turrets on the .22 rifle. And it d not add the capability of the caliber. But some scope options have target turrets that are great for the 10/22, and you can consider it. For the 10/22, scope with turrets is a great platform.
If we look for a reticle, the bullet-drop reticle is useful and easy. Sniper-type reticles are somehow too complicated — some user concern with elevation markings on the reticle with very little need for windage compensation. And I think you will not shoot far enough for the wind to matte and if you are using it in high wind, then it can hard to make up and easily affected by the wind.
Also, consider the zoom option on an optic. It can be a great feature that allows you to use both higher magnification for shooting and lower magnification intended for scouting. If you do not know then let me tell you that a scope can either be a first or second focal plane. The first focal plan optic is accurate for any magnification whereas the second focal plane optic is accurate for the magnification this was sighted in at. First Focal Plane (FFP) scopes are costlier than the Second Focal Plane scopes.
A .22 can low recoil rifle it can handle the abuse of dedicated hunting rifles, but you can overcome it with lightweight rings and mounts. It ensures that the rifle is maneuverable and light. Though getting the high-quality mounts will never hurt yet, there is very little reason to get it. It is a more case of security than say a sorry.
If you are using the rifle in competition, then you need precision mounts that are probably lapped for a smooth surface and finely machined to maintain your accuracy. It cost more but for the highest performance it worth it. The second exception is for 10/22 is take-down. 10/22 can get benefit from good rings that hold the scope firmly and soil in construction. So pick the mount and ring that is specially designed for the specific rifle instead of anyone.
The main reason to pick the scope is to improve the sight of the target. And if the optic quality is good, then it will help you to get a clear picture of your target. If a scope can do that then only it is useful otherwise there is no use of it. So before getting things done, look for the multi-coated optics. It will provide maximum light transfer and even in low light conditions give you a clearer image.
In the beginning, the weatherproof design seems no important for you, but later you might come to regret if your scope is not withstood with all weather conditions.
For instance, you are hunting in a hot condition where for might form inside your scope. Or you might hunt in drizzling weather, and for accuracy, you can use the scope.
To handle all such condition it is recommended to get the scope that is purged with nitrogen or argon and come up with O-ring seals to maintain your performance and quality of the scope.
The portable scope will not make your backpack feel bulky or add unnecessary weight to your rifle. The portability depends on the weight and size of the scope. So go for the compact model which is lightweight so that you can carry it easily.
So with this, we end up our article on the best scope for Ruger 10/22. If you have read the article carefully, then you know which scope is best for you and matches your hunting needs. Still, if you have any doubts, the comment box is for you and our experts are ready to help you.
- 1 The Best Scope for Ruger 10/22 – List
- 2 Top 10 Best Scope for Ruger 10/22 – Reviews (2020)
- 3 1. Simmons Truplex .22 Mag Riflescope
- 4 2. Nikon Buckmasters II, 4-12x40mm, BDC, Riflescope
- 5 3. Nikon P-RIMFIRE BDC 150 Rifle Scope
- 6 4. Combat Optical Ruger 10/22 Black (Blued) 4×30 Rifle Scope
- 7 5. Tasco Rimfire Series 3-9x 32mm 30/30 Reticle .22 Riflescope
- 8 6. CVLIFE 2.5-10x40e Red & Green Illuminated Scope
- 9 7. BARSKA 3-9×32 Plinker-22 Riflescope
- 10 8. UTG 3-9X32 1″ BugBuster Scope
- 11 9. Trinity 4×32 Mil-Dot Compact Scope & Ruger 10/22 Scope Mount
- 12 10. BSA Sweet .22 3-9x40mm Duplex Reticle Rifle Scope
- 13 Buying Guide: Factors to Consider Before buying Scope for Ruger 10/22
- 14 Conclusion: