Tractor-trailer trucks, or semi-trucks, are the lifeblood of our existence. They are the source of the products on supermarket shelves and product deliveries. You might drive past them on the highway but there’s a lot more to these semis –trucks than just trailers and long-hauls.
When you’re driving day and night, you need to have a proper place to rest and sleep. The space behind the driver cabin can be well equipped for overnight stays. You can set up basic amenities like tables, closets, refrigerators, flat-screen TVs, and of course, TV antennas. If you are looking to watch some local TV shows in your truck while a long drive, you need to install a suitable TV antenna in your truck. Stop searching through a list of TV accessories and home electronics, and refer to our handy list below to help you seek the best TV antenna for semi-truck.
Let me start with the discussion on how to make the best pick when it comes to choosing a TV antenna for semi-truck.
How to Choose the best TV Antenna for Semi Truck? [Buyer’s Guide]
This is a guide of the best tv antenna for truckers that will help you find the right antenna model for your semi-truck. You need to consider the following parameters when buying any outdoor TV antenna:
- Area Specific
Different areas may use TV channels in different sections of the band. Normally they are grouped so that the antenna bandwidth can be specified as codes of used frequencies. You can check on the Internet or with your local dealer to find out what kind of antennas need to be bought to match your particular area.
- Type of Antenna
An item must be bought considering its use. So is the case with antennas. You need to first confirm if your antenna is to be used for satellite or terrestrial, and how is the antenna gain, format and other things associated with it.
- Frequency Coverage
Another key point to note when buying a TV antenna is its frequency coverage in the area where it is put. Most TV is broadcast on UHF. For both UHF and VHF, many bands are there. In areas where there is VHF TV, a VHF antenna will be required.
- Gain or Directivity
The Gain is the increase in its sensitivity in a particular direction. The higher the gain of a TV antenna, the greater is its ability to pick up weak signals. When the gain is increased the antenna also becomes more directive towards the TV transmitter.
According to the consolidated information given above, I am listing down my own recommendations below. I hope that this list of carefully selected semi truck TV antennas will narrow down your choices. Of course, you can also buy one from the list below:
1. Vansky Outdoor OTA Amplified HD TV Antenna-VS-OTX01
- Dual TV outputs -- outdoor TV antenna support 2 TVs at the same time without a splitter. No special adapter needed. Don't bother to buy another HDTV antenna.
- 150 Mile range | HDTV reception -- HD antenna can capture 1080p HDTV and 32dB high Gain reception within 150-mile range, working frequency: VHF 40300MHz | UHF 470890MHz.
This motorized TV Antenna for semi-truck from Vansky has 360-degree rotation. It can support up to two TVs without a splitter. It has a high range HDTV reception within a 150-mile range. This HD antenna can capture 1080p HDTV and 32dB high signals. It also has a built-in super low noise amplifier.
It is weather-resistant and is for outdoor use, without any special adapter needed. This HD antenna is lightning protected and has a durable design with properly done grounding. This saves you from lightning strikes or any other bad weather condition. This Vansky outdoor HD TV antenna comes complete with a wireless remote, power supply adapter and 32.8ft Coax cable.
2. GE Pro Attic Mount TV Antenna
- ABSOLUTELY FREE HD CHANNELS – Ditch expensive cable and satellite bills and continue viewing your favorite shows in Full HD on channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Fox and much more with access to...
- FULL HD CRYSTAL CLEAR TV AND HD SOUND QUALITY – Our attic / outdoor TV antenna has superior reception for both VHF and UHF signals, receiving uncompressed 1080p signal
Enjoy the full power of free HDTV with the GE Pro Attic Mount TV Antenna. It comes with a sturdy, water-proof exterior body that is protected from lightning. You get to view your favorite local shows in full 1080 p high definition at no cost with this antenna.
This antenna is designed for powerful reception outdoors and can receive a wide range of free HDTV, VHF and UHF channels broadcast in your area. This antenna can be easily installed with a mounting bracket and a mast.
The GE Pro Attic Mount TV Antenna can work within 70 miles of the broadcast signal. It has superior reception for both VHF and UHF signals and can receive uncompressed 1080p signals for your TV.
3. Winegard FlatWave Air Antenna
- The future of Free HDTV replaces large unsightly outdoor antennas
- Antennas will vary on reception in regards to placement of the antenna & distance from the transmitting towers
The Flat Wave AIR from Winegard, is an outdoor amplified digital HDTV antenna for a semi-truck that produces a higher quality TV image than most outdoor antennas. It is sleek and compact and has a flex-mount system. It can capture Dual-band VHF/UHF signals up to 60 miles.
This antenna has an integrated amplifier for superior reception, designed with ultra-low noise split band amplification. It has a Dual-band VHF/UHF system with an integrated reflector. It also comes with a modern low noise split band digital amplifier. This allows little chance of signal dropouts. It can be placed outside and is easy to install.
4. ANTOP AT-400BV Flat-Panel Outdoor/Indoor Antenna
- 【Before you buy】Please check out what channels are available in your area via "ANTOP SIGNAL MAPS" and choose the right antenna for you.
- 【Enhanced VHF Reception】Adopts detachable Rod for enhance VHF signal reception,Assuring you get more channel reception and less blind spots,like CBS, Fox, The CW, and PBS,etc.
This compact antenna has a 70 Miles Multi-Directional Reception Range. It has got a sleek waterproof body with an anti-UV coating and provides visual appeal. It adopts detachable VHF rods for enhancing hi-v signal reception, like NBC, ABC, etc.
The reception range of this flat panel antenna is strong enough to power up a few TVs with Splitter. So, there is no need for multi Antennas. It reduces wind load, providing much better signal reliability on a windy or rainy day.
It is easy to install and set-up without tools. It also comes along with an included SMARTPASS amplifier that allows switch on and off to get long- and short-range reception. It also has a built-in 4G filter to block 3G and 4G wireless signals to provide noise-free digital TV reception.
5. ANTOP Outdoor / Indoor Digital Smartpass Amplifier HDTV Antenna
- 【Before you buy】Please check out what channels are available in your area via "ANTOP SIGNAL MAPS" and choose the right antenna for you.
- free for LIFE – never pay expensive cable or satellite fees again
This outdoor Digital Smartpass Amplifier HDTV Antenna from ANTOP Antenna Inc. is quick to cover a range of 65 to 80 miles from the point of signal origination. It is built upon ANTOP’s New Generation Digital Technology, which favors High Gain reception.
Its TV accessories include a Smart pass Amplifier and a 4G LTE Filter. With the smart filter switch on, you can tune in to long-range reception, while with the smart switch off, you can tune in to short-range reception.
It has a durable exterior that has a waterproof design with UV coating. It supports the VHF & UHF digital signals. It comes with 46 inches long Coaxial Cable also.
6. McDuory Outdoor 150 Miles Digital Antenna
- 150 miles LONG RANGE and dual TV outputs -- HDTV support 720p, 1080p. Working frequency: VHF 40300 MHz, UHF 470890 MHz Receive free digital broadcast high HDTV signals. Support 2 TVs at the same time...
- Tools-free installation -- snap on elements. Comes with an easy-to-follow user manual so you can install the antenna With ease. Pole included: mounts to the j-shape pole with McDuory antenna. Do not...
The McdDuory outdoor digital HDTV Antenna can support 2 TVs at the same time without a splitter. Any special Adaptor is also not required. This antenna covers 150 miles long-range and can support dual TV outputs – HDTV supports 720p as well as 1080p. It works to receive free digital broadcast high HDTV signals. It also has built-in super high gain and low noise amplifier.
The antenna has an Infrared remote controller. It comes with a built-in 360-degree motor rotor. It can be installed easily and includes the mounting pole, unlike other TV antennas. It includes a 40ft outdoor TV antenna coaxial cable so that it is easy for you to place it anywhere to get the best receptions.
The McDuory antenna is lightning protected and has a durable design with grounding done. It has a weather-resistant external body to withstand tough outdoor weather conditions.
7. ANTOP UFO Outdoor Omnidirectional TV Antenna AT-416BC5
- NO NEED FOR MULTI ANTENNAS - The Reception Range of this powerful antenna is strong enough to feed up multi-TVs with ANTOP splitter. Your family can enjoy free local channels in living room, bedroom,...
- VHF SIGNAL ENHANCED - Excellent non-adjustment reception, Wing for strengthen VHF reception, like NBC,ABC,etc. Assuring you more channel reception and less blind spots,like CBS, Fox, The CW, and...
This is another remarkable TV antenna for outdoor purposes by Antop. It is an omnidirectional TV antenna, with High Gain reception and Smart pass Technology for minimum interference. It can easily amplify a flexible long-range, from up to 30-40 miles from broadcast origination source. It assures you more channel reception and fewer blind spots.
It has a built-in 4G LTE filter, so that you can tune in to long-range reception when the smart filter switch on; while with the smart switch off, you can tune in to short-range reception. It comes with a TV accessory kit that has a 2-Way Splitter, a power adapter, a power inserter with Smart Switch, and an outdoor Bracket and mast clamp Kit with a 16’ coaxial cable.
8. Pingbingding Digital Outdoor TV Antenna
- 150 Miles Long Range and Dual TV Outputs --Full HDTV support 720p, 1080i, 1080p | Working Frequency: VHF 170 - 230MHz | UHF 470 - 860MHz | Receive free digital broadcast high definition TV signals....
- Snap-On Installation--Snap On Elements no tools required. Comes with an easy-to-follow user manual so you can install the antenna with ease.
This is a tough, weather-resistant TV antenna with Dual TV Output. It can provide Full HDTV support in 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and even 4K quality. The antenna receives free digital broadcast high definition TV signals and can support 2 TVs at the same time without a splitter. It has a great outdoor coverage range of up to 150 Miles with no special adapter needed.
The antenna has a built-in 360-degree strong motor rotor so that it can rotate in all directions for a powerful reception. It has a built-in Super High Gain and Low Noise Amplifier.
This digital outdoor TV antenna is weather-resistant and has a lightning protected body wi, durable design with grounding done -don’t get struck out by bad weather.
It comes with a wireless remote h a controller and includes a 40FT RG6 Coaxial cable. It is easy to place it anywhere to get the best reception.
9. Pingbingding HDTV Antenna Digital Amplified Outdoor Antenna
- 150 Miles Long Range and Dual TV Outputs --Full HDTV support 720p, 1080i, 1080p | Working Frequency: VHF 170~230MHz | UHF 470~860MHz | Receive free digital broadcast high definition TV signals....
- Snap-On Installation--Snap On Elements no tools required. Comes with an easy-to-follow user manual so you can install the antenna with ease. Mounting pole not included - Put B07BNSL21G into Amazon...
Here is another amped-up version of the Digital HDTV antenna from Pingbingding. It can cover a 150 Miles Long Range with dual TV outputs :-Full HDTV support in 720p, 1080i, 1080p.| It can receive free digital broadcast high definition TV signals. This TV antenna can support 2 TVs at the same time without a splitter. It also does not need any special adapter.
The antenna has a wireless remote controller and a built-in 360-degree motor rotor. It is also fitted with a built-in Super High Gain and Low Noise Amplifier for better results. It can be set up easily with an included 40FT RG6 Coaxial cable and a mounting pole. It is easy for you to place it to get the best reception in your house.
The exterior body of the antenna is weather resistant and is lightning protected. It has a durable design with grounding done.
10. Channel Master CM-2020 Outdoor TV Antenna
This is a top-performing and popular Long-Range Outdoor TV Antenna by Channel Master. It conveniently covers a reception range of up to 80 Miles. The antenna is set at a multi-directional (Up to 180˚) reception angle. It has a powerful reception of 12dB Gain.
It picks up free TV from various kinds of networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, PBS, Telemundo, MeTV, ION, Univision, and many more in crystal clear uncompressed HD signals. This antenna supports both UHF and VHF signals to provide better reception of TV channels for you. The antenna is pre-assembled for a quick and easy installation anywhere outdoors.
Also Check: Best Omnidirectional Outdoor TV Antenna for 2020
FAQs Regarding Semi Truck TV Antennas:
By now you must have become familiar with all the necessary information about the best TV antenna for semi truck. However, if you are hesitant to buy one of these because you still have doubts, then you need not worry. I have made another list of the most frequently asked questions on this topic.
Here, you go:
1. What are some of the best satellite TV antenna for semi-trucks?
We have a list of best tv antenna for truckers (above in the article) along with their reviews. You can go through the features and choose any of these robust antennas.
2. What is the best TV antenna for semi truck?
Your choice of TV antenna for your semi truck will depend upon your range and channels available in your service area. In the 50-80 moles range, there are many sturdy TV antennas available. You could choose from GE Pro Attic Outdoor or Channel Master CM-2020. For a greater range, you could choose from Pingbingding HDTV Antenna Amplified Digital Outdoor Antenna or McDuory Outdoor 150 Miles Digital HDTV Antenna.
3. What TV antenna to buy for a truck on the road?
There are many digital TV antennas available online or at your local store for you to choose from. You can go for the GE Pro Attic Mount TV Antenna- 29884, which is a Long-Range digital, HDTV Antenna, 4K 1080P VHF UHF, with a compact design. You could also choose from ANTOP Outdoor Digital HDTV Antenna which has a smart pass amplifier or McDuory outdoor digital HDTV antenna which offers a very long-range reception of up to 150 miles.
4. Will I be able to view high-definition channels for free using a TV antenna?
Yes, with a TV antenna, you can experience high-definition channels or HDTV on your TV screens. Over-the-air broadcasts are transmitted in uncompressed, crystal-clear 1080i, in the highest quality picture and sound available. Many local broadcasts are aired in HD transmission, giving you the ultimate experience for watching live television. This can cover all major networks including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, The CW, etc. There are no extra costs involved.
5. Are all Digital Channels on UHF?
No, not all channels are on UHF. While Many DTV stations are occupying UHF broadcast channels, many stations are providing VHF broadcast channels as well. You can locate your Transmitter Locator page online, to find a complete list of the channels available in your area. The list will indicate your distance from the transmitter tower which broadcasts that channel, whether the channel is UHF or VHF, as well as the channel displayed on the television.
You May Like: Best Outdoor TV Antennas for Rural Areas
Nowadays, buying an antenna is an easy process. They can be bought online or offline from a local dealer. However, with so many choices available in the market, the customers could end up in confusion.
Therefore, you must make sure that when an antenna is bought that good quality cable is used and that it is covered under warranty to protect your interests. You should rely on expert’s recommendations and guidelines to get the most out of your time and money.
I hope this article has delivered an unbiased, well-researched and informative view on all that you need to know about the best TV antenna for semi truck. So stop waiting and get ready to buy the most suitable one for yourself.
- 1 How to Choose the best TV Antenna for Semi Truck? [Buyer’s Guide]
- 1.1 1. Vansky Outdoor OTA Amplified HD TV Antenna-VS-OTX01
- 1.2 2. GE Pro Attic Mount TV Antenna
- 1.3 3. Winegard FlatWave Air Antenna
- 1.4 4. ANTOP AT-400BV Flat-Panel Outdoor/Indoor Antenna
- 1.5 5. ANTOP Outdoor / Indoor Digital Smartpass Amplifier HDTV Antenna
- 1.6 6. McDuory Outdoor 150 Miles Digital Antenna
- 1.7 7. ANTOP UFO Outdoor Omnidirectional TV Antenna AT-416BC5
- 1.8 8. Pingbingding Digital Outdoor TV Antenna
- 1.9 9. Pingbingding HDTV Antenna Digital Amplified Outdoor Antenna
- 1.10 10. Channel Master CM-2020 Outdoor TV Antenna
- 2 FAQs Regarding Semi Truck TV Antennas:
- 3 Conclusion